Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Post by abramsky »

I guess you are right though. It's been a long time since I used my TK 6.1s as opposed to 6.0 and 6.1 and I was sure the lights worked the same in both. Now I can't check it, but it looks like I was wrong about the S version ... :S
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

abramsky wrote:I guess you are right though. It's been a long time since I used my TK 6.1s as opposed to 6.0 and 6.1 and I was sure the lights worked the same in both. Now I can't check it, but it looks like I was wrong about the S version ... :S
I do think it was a strange decision by HL. The front/back lights were useful, as I tried to use them to switch two sets of front lights on my T55 which I set up with a 6.1s, and I don’t want to change the control mode. It’s a bit like the odd choice of two sounds on the 7.0 series, given the huge number of Tiger 1s out there. They were probably thinking of new modern tanks rather than people fitting new MFUs to older tanks. I’m not getting any more MFUs for now, but I’ll wait to see what 8.0 brings!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Shame to see that they are sooo close, but still drop the ball in places............
6.1s.........great everything, servo options,and 4 sound sets, none of those WW2 Russian, or Sherman.
Yet, these must surely be at the top of the sales numbers for models over the years. :/
My hit prediction is that H/L make the V8 with a plug in sound module(like the Taigen one) that can take what ever you/they want :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: My hit prediction is that H/L make the V8 with a plug in sound module(like the Taigen one) that can take what ever you/they want :thumbup:
I do hope you’re right..give us back the split lights, and a variety of sound modules with the option of your own sounds. Any chance that HL might be reading this...?
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

I have a 7.0 T-90 and am probably using the Leopard sounds.
When it starts up it sounds like a klaxon alarm going off (Im sure it's not supposed to be one though) then it's quite a powerful diesel noise to the engine. When the barrel lifts up and down it makes a low tone beeping noise.
I can't cycle through any more sounds at the moment because when I press G+K together to switch sounds it shuts the tank down?

My 6.0S Abraham's is definitely correct with the turbine whine.

And I suppose for my 6.0S king tiger I'm using the Tiger 1 sound?

I don't understand why Heng Long are making sound boards without the correct sounds for the tanks they are producing!!

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
blastacat
Recruit

Post by blastacat »

Hello I read the post on TK7 how would the hit counter be connected to the module, where would I get one and how to connect the two ph2 connectors.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Hello guys

I received an interesting comment with a link to a youtube video (I suppose from the new member here = cheselpm )

phpBB [video]

From what I can see, my assumptions about the fact that HL should prepare two versions of TK 7.0 (Leo + Abrams and T90, Tiger) have come true. Each with two sound packs. I talked about it a few months ago with one of the Chinese YouTubers.
The sound with the horn is almost certainly the new improved T90 with a gas turbine. According to the Military Safety Instructions in the Soviets' army and their former satellites (also in the Polish Army - where I served in the Armored Brigade), the driver is obliged to warn with the horn before starting the engine. You can also clearly hear the sound of the gas turbine (characteristic whistle of the gas turbine) when you let go of the throttle and the T90 gas turbine slows down.
The second sound pack is an improved Tiger - gasoline engine (the Germans did not use diesel engines in their tanks during WWII - the Russians did). A moment after starting the engine, you can hear the characteristic clatter of the Maybach engine ...
Both packages are significantly improved compared to version 6.0 / 6.1 and as I wrote on the rctankwarfare forum in the post about the new TK 7.0 (with pictures of the manual) due to MFU memory limitations - HL decided to divide the sound packages from 4 to 2. As a result two versions of sound packages for TK 7.0 were created.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That is great info, if we could only be certain now which one is fitted to a tank before we get the wrong one, that would be fantastic !! :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

No guarantee, I believe. I would not count on the fact that HL cares about it ... They probably pack into the tank what they have too much in reserve and at hand ...7.0 with the sound of Abrams and Leopar were created earlier and probably in large numbers ;)

I think it will be faster to buy a spare MFU with a new sound package from one of the dealers.
cheselpm
Recruit

Post by cheselpm »

My 7.0definatly has Two Diesels.one of which starts with a Klaxon .

Return to “Heng Long”