Heng Long TK 7.0 vs TK 6.0/6.1 - sound comparison

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Heng Long TK 7.0 vs TK 6.0/6.1 - sound comparison

Post by abramsky »

It is true that my Korean is as good as Polish performed by RC Spectrum, but I managed to catch the words of Abrams and Leopard - which confirms my earlier observations that the new TK 7.0 has 2 sound packs dedicated to Abrams and Leopard ... not WWII tanks as some here ( on the forum ) had supposed...

TK 7.0 is a development of the TK 6.0 version, so don't expect fireworks other than a few (cosmetic) changes:
- the ability to turn off the turn in place (pivot)
- adjustable braking force
- adjustable turning radius (20 presets)
- 2 KM sounds (and 2 KM LED sockets in MFU)
- 2 engine sounds packs (Leopard 2 MTU diesel, and Abrams gas turbine )
- slightly improved sound of turret rotation and gun elevation
- worsened (in my opinion) Leopard sound pack - while driving, the sound of the tracks is less audible (or not there at all) compared to the TK 6.1

I hope HL is working on the development of TK 6.1 and that it won't spoil what's good, but will actually add something new - e.g. editing / adding your own sound ...

phpBB [video]
cheselpm
Recruit

Re: Heng Long TK 7.0 vs TK 6.0/6.1 - sound comparison

Post by cheselpm »

My TK 7.0 in my T90 has 2 sound files..both diesels one must be Tiger and the other starts with a hooter and is the T90.I wonder if there are optional sound files on the TK7.0 ?
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Yes. You can look for a version with a sound pack for Leoprd/Abrams. Heng Long decided that due to the improved sounds, keeping the same limited electronic memory, they must produce two versions of the TK 7.0/7.1. One with Tiger/T90 sound pack, and a second with Leopard/Abrams ...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

cheselpm wrote:My TK 7.0 in my T90 has 2 sound files..both diesels one must be Tiger and the other starts with a hooter and is the T90.I wonder if there are optional sound files on the TK7.0 ?
Sorry my friend but the Tiger did not have a diesel engine,
It had a Maybach V12 petrol engine, initially an Aluminium block HL210 uprated in May 1943 to a Cast Iron block HL230.
The Tiger 11 had an HL230 an example of which was retrofitted to Tiger 1 131 during it's restoration.
Some training regiment Tigers did use a non petrol powered Maybach engine,
A number of the Fahrschule Tigers (minus turrets) used the Holzgas system to save the ever short supply of Gasoline.
The Similar Stadtgas system which instead of converting wood pellets into fuel used LPG Bottles mounted on the rear of training vehicles including Tigers and Panzer 1/11/111/and 4.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jarndice: I knew about the change from the HL210 to HL230, but thanks for the great summary of other variations.
Abramsky: your summary from a year ago of the changes in the HengLong TK 7.0 certainly points out some strengths of the HengLong unit. Unfortunately, the limited and mostly 21st Century sounds leaves much to be desired. Either (or better, both) HengLong and Taigen need to sell tanks with all the nifty control features of the HengLong 6.1 with Taigen's sound flexibility. Otherwise, the only resort is some rather complicated and expensive "aftermarket" electronics so often demonstrated here on RCTW.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

You're right. The sound of modern tanks (especially the Abrams) leaves a lot to be desired. The Leopard, on the other hand, sounds quite good (but unfortunately I can't hear the sound of the tracks anymore ...)
I am convinced that the next step in HL will be a separate sound module. This would make their logistics much easier - one motherboard ( such as newest 7.1 ) and many sound modules.
Btw. Version 7.1 has already been released for sale ... Unfortunately, for the time being only with the Tiger / T90 package
Of course, the Tiger is a gasoline engine - it was never a diesel engine :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree they are bound to do a sound module like Taigen have at some point.
Then its one board for function, and a simple plug in for the sound.
Cant wait.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am racking my brain trying to remember the last time Heng Long did something I wanted them to do :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Heng Long”