RX-13 to RX 18 - receiver question

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

RX-13 to RX 18 - receiver question

Post by SimonCornes »

Hopefully a simple question with a simple answer.

I bought a second hand Panther - which turned out to be a Pan-Tiger - from a guy on ebay. When it arrived it had a 40MHz transmitter and and RX13 board but a separate RX18. So I took out the RX13 and fitted the 18. I then bought a second hand 27 MHz transmitter from Haya. I tried it all with a pair of Futaba crystals and all that happened was the red headlight flashed off and on continuously. So I decided the set up didn't like the Futaba crystals so I bought an HL pair from Haya. They arrived today and still no joy - the headlight flashes. My thought has now gone to the receiver. I have kept the installed receiver so I assume it worked the RX13.

Does this receiver also work the RX18 or do I need an RX 18 receiver?

I'm guessing I might need to get a 'bespoke' RX18 Rx and I know where to get one from but, before I spend any more money, what do you think?!!!
Thanks

Simon
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: RX-13 to RX 18 - receiver question

Post by RenoirLV »

Hi. My non-expert eye caught the word crystals. That one doesn’t go along with 18. So I guess a newer transmitter should be on the shopping list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

I think I've answered my own question - RX 18 receiver also needed!!! Order just placed. By the time I've finished I might as well have ordered a new Taigen. This had better work!!

Thanks Renoir, no the RX-18 does work on 27MHz and I have a 27Mhz tx. I just hope a 27MHz Rx does the trick!!
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

This is rx18, isn’t it?

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Hi Renoir,
No, that is closer to the V6.0 unit I have in my newer tanks. The RX18 is described as a multifunction unit whereas yours is much better combined receiver and multi function controller in one box - the RX-18 is two separate boards in effect.
Thanks for replying though

Simon
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Don't forget the transmitter will need to be bound to the receiver before anything will work. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Thanks for clearing this. I haven’t been in the hobby so long as to have anything older than that on the picture.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

You're lucky! I thought I was being clever buying second hand gear from Ebay ! I thought I was buying a Heng Long Panther. Turnout out it was the 'Pan-Tiger' cross which I would have recognised if I had been more knowledgeable! Then it turns ups, as per photos in the ebay ad, with a transmitter which turns out to be 40 MHz! I ask the seller what he knows, he replies to say that he bought it like that intending to fix it up but never got around to it! Fair enough. So I then bought a 27MHz transmitter and when that didn't work I bought a pair of crystals and I have finally realised that I need the receiver board as well! The only thing I don't need is the RX 18 module! At least I hope that works !! Its all part of learning. I reckon I have probably paid around £10 more than I need to by buying all the extra hardware piece by piece and by the time Ive finished I will have spent around £20 less than the cost of a brand new 2.4GHz and accurate Heng Long Panther G !!

We live and learn! (But very slowly it seems!!)
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

when you have a tank with an older rx13 or 18 in and it doesn't work with the parts you have don't waste your money on trying to find parts to get it to work just upgrade it with a TK-6.0 they are miles better and also use less batteries.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks John, I'm finding this out - the hard way! Luckily I have a Tiger I and Sherman, both with the 6.0 board and they work like a dream. But I thought it would be a cheap and easy fix. Ah well!
Simon

Return to “Heng Long”