RX-13 to RX 18 - receiver question

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: RX-13 to RX 18 - receiver question

Post by Jofaur86 »

SimonCornes wrote:Hopefully a simple question with a simple answer.

I bought a second hand Panther - which turned out to be a Pan-Tiger - from a guy on ebay. When it arrived it had a 40MHz transmitter and and RX13 board but a separate RX18. So I took out the RX13 and fitted the 18. I then bought a second hand 27 MHz transmitter from Haya. I tried it all with a pair of Futaba crystals and all that happened was the red headlight flashed off and on continuously. So I decided the set up didn't like the Futaba crystals so I bought an HL pair from Haya. They arrived today and still no joy - the headlight flashes. My thought has now gone to the receiver. I have kept the installed receiver so I assume it worked the RX13.

Does this receiver also work the RX18 or do I need an RX 18 receiver?

I'm guessing I might need to get a 'bespoke' RX18 Rx and I know where to get one from but, before I spend any more money, what do you think?!!!
Thanks
Simon

hello, if i can afford it? a 40 Mhz transmitter with its receiver, can not in any case work with an RX 18? only what Renoir's photo shows you is suitable for the tank, the HL or Taigen transmitters (in 2.4 Ghz of nis days) are compatible, and are only specifically dedicated sets, and cannot in any case, except replacement of the '' electronic, operate with a 40 Mhz radio or better 2.4 Ghz
tankme

Post by tankme »

I believe the unit pictured is a HL 5.3 2.4Ghz system.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

yes that's it, there is the same thing in Taigen, see below
https://www.rc-panzershop.fr/ekmps/shop ... /hl2.4.pdf
Désolée in French 8O
tankme

Post by tankme »

No, the Taigen and the HL 5.3 are different units.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

tankme wrote:No, the Taigen and the HL 5.3 are different units.
I do not understand your answer, 8O I was just showing that there was at Taigen, Torro another system than HL to replace an RX 18, 27 Mhz, by a 2.4 Ghz, simple operation :thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think he is trying to explain to you that changing a Heng Long RX13 mfu for a Heng Long RX18 mfu will only work if you are using a compatible Heng Long Transmitter to the Heng Longs RX18 MFU and the same applies with Taigen MFUs to Taigen MFUs
It has to be Taigen to Taigen or Heng Long to Heng Long and the board has to be the same production variant (Over the years there have been a lot of new MFUs and Transmitters and getting a match is very difficult because they do not carry any identifiers and yet they all look pretty much the same). and be matched to the transmitter or nothing will work,
Lots Of Parts on a Heng Long Tank are interchangeable with Taigen Parts but almost never can you get the electrics to be compatible between makes.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

;)
can not be understood? personal explains the easiest way to replace everything, Also find this on the forum
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28310

Return to “Heng Long”