Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU_Engine Deck Level Sensor_Final demo

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU_Engine Deck Level Sensor_Final demo

Post by abramsky »

Hello

After a few weeks of analytical work and searching for the appropriate electronic module, I am showing you the results of my work. A fully functional engine deck sensor mounted in the CN13 Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU socket. This "Plug and Play" accessory does not require any interference with the original electronics in the TK 6.1 MFU, or any soldering work (as long as you have the appropriate 3-wire cable (a servo extension cord will be perfect).
I also added a servo for the main gun elevation.
There were some tricks to fine-tune it to get the gun parallel with the engine deck. In this video you can see that there is still some work ahead of me (because the servo arm does not allow for precise positioning, I will have to mount the servo base at a different angle).

phpBB [video]
Last edited by abramsky on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU_Engine Deck Level Sensor_Final demo

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Very clever :clap: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

That looks fantastic sir!

Will you share details of the installation? I am VERY interested in bringing the function to my ElMod powered Abrams.

BarryC
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Hello Barry.
I thought you were waiting for the new Clark ...?
Anyway, I have no experience with Elmod Fusion PRO, but what I can see here:
https://elmod.eu/wp-content/uploads/202 ... 2_en-2.jpg
You will need to find an electronic wizard who can help you find some Arduino module and write you a appropriate program for it. Then the whole thing would have to be connected to the receiver (same as the stabilization gyroscope). The engine deck sensor itself will not help anything here because Heng Long prepared his TK 6.1 to work with the appropriate module (but I had to find one by myself and connect it - after previous voltage measurements). From what I can see (but I can be wrong) Elmod is not ready for GBS and engine deck sensor (unlike Clark).
Last edited by abramsky on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Excellent work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thank you sir,

I understand.

I hear that ElMod has a GBS planned but no time line. Perhaps a Deck Level sensor will also be included.

I'm pretty sure that once I get the Clark repaired it will likely not be installed in the Abrams.
I am not impressed with the programing process. :thumbdown: Compared to the ElMod it is a bit archaic IMO. I would love to see Clark move the programming process into the digital age but then the price will go up!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

You're welcome
I'm sorry that I can not help with Elmod issues. You can still go to gimbal, but it's a job for an advanced electronics engineer or a drone enthusiast. On the Polish forum ( rctank.pl ) , several people have built such gimbal stabilization, but this is largely a DIY project and if you do not have the appropriate knowledge - you will be left with an empty wallet and non-working electronics ...

You're right. Clark is archaic in this respect, but I thought it already allows configuration via computer ...? Unfortunately, I cannot afford such advanced electronics and considering that both RC tanks belong to my son, and I only repair / improve them - I prefer cheaper solutions, and Heng Long T.K 6.1 has everything my child needs :)

P.s. My next step will be to add stabilization to TK 6.1 ... but this is high risk work (including MFU damage ... ). At best, the module I have already purchased may simply not work ...
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Very nice, well done.
Sub.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Top notch work, Abramsky. Brainwaves like this one, always serve to enrich the forum :clap:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Abramsky,

That is sheer genius! :clap: :thumbup: Talk about realism! It's always these "simple" little things that seem to be missing, once some "wizard" figures them out, the realism factor takes a huge jump up! I have no idea how you guys do it, but keep doing it, as it's insanely cool! :crazy:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Heng Long”