Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU_Engine Deck Level Sensor_Final demo

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long TK 6.1 MFU_Engine Deck Level Sensor_Final demo

Post by abramsky »

Thank you guys for your kind words. I appreciate it.

I'll add the next update when / if I add stabilization.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
if you search for an easy stabilisation, search for StabiWII from Squirlier=> https://www.youtube.com/user/Squirlier/videos
it´s based on Arduino 328P
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Excellent work! Can you provide details of the module installation and the module itself as I am working on a Chieftain rebuild at present and have been considering how I might add an engine deck sensor and GBS stabilization using the stock (Haya Labelled) HL 6.1 (channels 13 and 14). I could of course just swap in a Clark TK80 but I'd rather make use of the presently installed Haya/HL MFU if possible as features are already on board.
Regardless, keep up the good work! :thumbup:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Abramsky,I second EAO's "That is sheer genius!" On seeing the video, my reaction was instantly "Oh, that is cool!" :thumbup:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Abramsky,I second EAO's "That is sheer genius!" On seeing the video, my reaction was instantly "Oh, that is cool!" :thumbup:
Thank you very much :wave:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Dr Phibes wrote:Excellent work! Can you provide details of the module installation and the module itself as I am working on a Chieftain rebuild at present and have been considering how I might add an engine deck sensor and GBS stabilization using the stock (Haya Labelled) HL 6.1 (channels 13 and 14). I could of course just swap in a Clark TK80 but I'd rather make use of the presently installed Haya/HL MFU if possible as features are already on board.
Regardless, keep up the good work! :thumbup:
Thank you. Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have time to check back lately. As for the Engine Deck Sensor (because I installed it in the old Hobby Engine - which is not compatible with the HL standard), I have to design 3D parts that are necessary for proper assembly (Plug and Paly) and work in the HL system models. When I'm finished, the entire kit will be ready for sale at an affordable price.

Please understand that it took me a total of 3 years to find the solution. Waiting for a response to a few emails from the producer of TK 6.1 (they never wrote back), and their dystubutors. Finally, I invested my money in the purchase of the necessary measuring devices, and in several modules, hoping that I will find the one that will work without additional configuration and without the need to connect and write code in Arduino.

Unfortunately, I have not managed to find a solution for stabilization yet. And I don't want go for Arduino...
In the TK 6.1 version, the key combination responsible for activating the stabilization does not work - so I gave it up for now. I will come back to this when/if I buy TK 6.1s or wait for TK 7.1/7.1s ( if HL plans to produce them after the premiere of TK 7.0 ).

P.s. Maybe someone from you guys have newest version of TK 6.1s and can check if there stabilization switch ( that should be G+A key combination as in older TK 6.1 ) works? There should be any beep sound or something?
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

abramsky wrote: Thank you. Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have time to check back lately. As for the Engine Deck Sensor (because I installed it in the old Hobby Engine - which is not compatible with the HL standard), I have to design 3D parts that are necessary for proper assembly (Plug and Paly) and work in the HL system models. When I'm finished, the entire kit will be ready for sale at an affordable price.

Please understand that it took me a total of 3 years to find the solution. Waiting for a response to a few emails from the producer of TK 6.1 (they never wrote back), and their dystubutors. Finally, I invested my money in the purchase of the necessary measuring devices, and in several modules, hoping that I will find the one that will work without additional configuration and without the need to connect and write code in Arduino.

Unfortunately, I have not managed to find a solution for stabilization yet. And I don't want go for Arduino...
In the TK 6.1 version, the key combination responsible for activating the stabilization does not work - so I gave it up for now. I will come back to this when/if I buy TK 6.1s or wait for TK 7.1/7.1s ( if HL plans to produce them after the premiere of TK 7.0 ).

P.s. Maybe someone from you guys have newest version of TK 6.1s and can check if there stabilization switch ( that should be G+A key combination as in older TK 6.1 ) works? There should be any beep sound or something?
Yes, that is quite understandable and I look forward to seeing your finished kit. I know how frustrating it is to find proper schematics, etc, for these MFU's as, like you, I have in the past ventured to contact Heng long and Taigen for such information only to receive the same response - which is to say no response. It is frustrating because they build into their product very attractive features like GBS and stabilization only to then not provide (as yet at least) an add-on kit/module. One assumes it is something they plan to introduce in the future but, meanwhile, we can only wait.

This said I have considered, for the GBS, just trying some of the many heading hold gyros I have from my heli flying days. i guess the worse that can happen is I'll fry the MFU. The problem is that not having access to the schematic for this board means it's a bit of stab in the dark. That said Haya have recently released a version of their Chieftain with gyro and stabilisation installed so I'm guessing there are bespoke modules already available - somewhere, perhaps already produced by HL, but who knows.
Anyway, keep up the good work! :thumbup:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

You're right. It is a pity that HL despises contact with its customers. The TK 7.0 version also appears without much fanfare... The situation is saved by individual videos of Toucan Hobby and private users on youtube. In my opinion, HL will never introduce the current stabilization modules and the engine deck sensor. We are left with our development work.

If you mean Chieftain and stabilization from this link:
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Chieftain_116 ... 57989.aspx

This is almost certainly not based on Heng Long 6.1 / Haya 6.3
Pay attention to the description:

7. Different 6 sounds to choose.
9. High quality professional 9 Ch. transmitter.

Stabilization with a gyroscope from an RC helicopter does not need to fry the MFU 6.1, but it may not work. See that the MFU HL requires 2 wires. RX and TX, while the RC gyroscope requires VCC (+ and -) power and a separate S (signal) wire comes out for each axis. I might be wrong, but that's a completely different standard.
Anyway. Without the possibility of enabling stabilization from my transmitter (G + A keys do not work in my MFU), and without the possibility of analyzing the signal that would come from the 6.1 MFU - it is difficult to judge how the MFU communicates with an external gyroscope ... it is probably some Chinese standard and nothing something else that the Chinese did not predict, it will not be possible to configure correctly ...

Return to “Heng Long”