Issues after upgrading from 27Hmz to TK-6.0s

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Quackman
Recruit

Issues after upgrading from 27Hmz to TK-6.0s

Post by Quackman »

Hi all,

Hoping you can help. I'm upgrading a number of my old Heng Long tanks from 27Mhz to TK-6.0s unit. I've upgrading 3 tanks and for the most part they're all working however I do have a couple of issues I'm hoping someone can shed some light on:

1- I'm not getting any cannon firing sounds. All other sounds are working e.g machine gun, engine, turret. The BB airsoft is working, just no correlating firing sounds from the speaker.

2- One of the main reasons for upgrading was so I could battle the tanks using the IR system. With an IR mushroom receiver fitted I can shoot at the tank and it responds to being shot - great! The bad news is I can't shoot back. I've fitted the IR emitter but it doesn't seem to be sending out any signal. It's the same with all 3 I've upgraded - booooo :thumbdown:

Has anyone had these issues before? :shifty:

AD
john1970
Corporal

Re: Issues after upgrading from 27Hmz to TK-6.0s

Post by john1970 »

The gun firing sound is activated by the microswitch, some of the older 27mhz tanks didn't have a microswitch in the back of the BB gun you can get round this on the tk6.0 by putting a jumper in where the microswitch should fit basically just joining the 2 pins together on cn6
Quackman
Recruit

Post by Quackman »

john1970 wrote:The gun firing sound is activated by the microswitch, some of the older 27mhz tanks didn't have a microswitch in the back of the BB gun you can get round this on the tk6.0 by putting a jumper in where the microswitch should fit basically just joining the 2 pins together on cn6

Legend! Thanks John. I wondered what that trigger switch was for. I wonder if that's why the IR isn't firing too :wtf: Time to test!
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

By looping cn6 the gun fire sound will happen as soon as you press the button to fire so it might repeat while the BB gun is winding up the only other way to get it working is to replace the bb guns with the newer type with the microswitch fitted
Quackman
Recruit

Post by Quackman »

john1970 wrote:By looping cn6 the gun fire sound will happen as soon as you press the button to fire so it might repeat while the BB gun is winding up the only other way to get it working is to replace the bb guns with the newer type with the microswitch fitted
Just made the jumper and yep you're right, it makes the sound as soon as I hit fire. Not ideal but better than nothing. I might upgrade all the BB unit so they have the microswitches as most of the old BB units aren't working that well anyway.

Also, The IR system is now also working so double result! Thanks again for your help. Have a good weekend. :thumbup:

AD
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

your welcome enjoy your tanks
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

As John said, if you are using a BB's cannon, you must connect the ASG microswitch (2 cables) to the CN6 - Trigger socket. You can also use a jumper in the CN6 socket ( a white JST XH plug plus a short cable connecting both pins ). This is the variant I use (recoil version without ASG). Not recommended with ASG - no synchronization (the sound of the shot will be heard immediately after pressing both buttons on the remote control) A + B)
Here you can see how it all works

phpBB [video]

Return to “Heng Long”