HELP***Heng Long tiger 1 recoil***HELP

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
RichAllen
Recruit

HELP***Heng Long tiger 1 recoil***HELP

Post by RichAllen »

I need help. I have purchased a Taigen style recoil for my Tiger 1 from Heng Long. This is the version with the 6.0 controller. I have figured out the mounting of the unit but am lost with the wiring...please help
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: HELP***Heng Long tiger 1 artisan recoil***HELP

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard and you’ve come to the best rc tank forum in the world. One thing that is asked of all our new members is to pop over to the introduction forum and give us brief courtesy intro with bit about your rc experiences. This helps other members give you appropriate advice according to your skill level and possible vendor suggestions. Then the help will come pouring in. :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

As this isn't giving a Tip or Trick, I've moved it to Electronics / Extras, Heng Long :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

RichAllen wrote:I need help. I have purchased an artisan recoil for my Tiger 1 from Heng Long. This is the version with the 6.0 controller. I have figured out the mounting of the unit but am lost with the wiring...please help
Can you put here some photos with your recoil and wirings? It can help solve your problem much easier.
RichAllen
Recruit

Post by RichAllen »

Here is the picture of the unit I bought. I'm trying to hook it up to a Heng Long 6.0 board but I'm not sure where the connection should go. It also has a flash unit for the barrel. I have the unit mounted just need to figure out the wiring for the recoil motor and the flash unit
Attachments
Screenshot_20210127-170556~2.png
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The unit you have there was designed primarily for use with Taigen/Torro Controllers (as per photo). HL MFUs/Controllers were pretty similar to the Taigen setups until V6.0 HL electronics shook the market up. The terminals on V6.0 series boards are different to earlier HL boards (5.3 and earlier), which closely resembled their Taigen/Torro counterparts. V6 boards have dispensed with 8-pin connectors, and more besides.
In short, it's not going to be straightforward.

The pic above is actually from a piece about wiring a slip ring to the V6 board, but you can see at glance, how radically different the HL board is to the Taigen unit.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RichAllen
Recruit

Post by RichAllen »

So am I screwed and need to buy a different board
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Return to “Heng Long”