Fine Turning settings for v6.0

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Quackman
Recruit

Fine Turning settings for v6.0

Post by Quackman »

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Tiger I that comes with 2.4Ghz and the v6.0 board. Reading the manual I see some configurable options for the TX, some of which are called "Tank backward left fine-turning" and then the same options for forward and right directions too. So I go ahead and play around with these settings but I don't see any changes at all to the turning behaviour of the tank. The TX bleeps at me to confirm I've made the change but for the life of me I'm seeing any changes in the way it turns.

Can anybody shed any light on what I should be seeing?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Fine Turning settings for v6.0

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: it would be very much appreciated if you could make a post in the ' introduce yourself ' section of the site, it's not that we are a nosey bunch but a little bit about your rc experience etc can go a long way with information and answers you receive :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Quackman wrote:Hi all,

I've just purchased a Tiger I that comes with 2.4Ghz and the v6.0 board. Reading the manual I see some configurable options for the TX, some of which are called "Tank backward left fine-turning" and then the same options for forward and right directions too. So I go ahead and play around with these settings but I don't see any changes at all to the turning behaviour of the tank. The TX bleeps at me to confirm I've made the change but for the life of me I'm seeing any changes in the way it turns.

Hello
And you won't see any difference because this function is not used to control the turn (precise turning), it is just electronic trim. In other words, your tank should go straight while driving straight. If not - you should use trimming (fine turning).
Quackman
Recruit

Post by Quackman »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: it would be very much appreciated if you could make a post in the ' introduce yourself ' section of the site, it's not that we are a nosey bunch but a little bit about your rc experience etc can go a long way with information and answers you receive :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. just put a post in that section as requested
Quackman
Recruit

Post by Quackman »

abramsky wrote:
Quackman wrote:Hi all,

Hello
And you won't see any difference because this function is not used to control the turn (precise turning), it is just electronic trim. In other words, your tank should go straight while driving straight. If not - you should use trimming (fine turning).

Thank you so much for the clarification. My tank is actually pulling to the left to now I know this I can trim it to drive straight! Thanks again :thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When you get a moment you might like to remove the obsolete radio aerial storage tube on the l/h rear flank (Looking from the rear to the front) as the Tiger 1 only had one on the r/h rear flank unless it was a command Tank and in that case the storage Tubes were mounted across the rear panel and the r/h flank,
A simple slice with an exacto blade should do it and when you have a moment and some money you might like to remove the extraordinarily inaccurate headlights and replace them with the proper ones,
I do not know where in the world you are but---
www.forgebeartanks.com
in the UK or ----
www.rctank.de
in Germany can provide those parts and many others.
A very nice paint job by the way :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ll step it up one more notch. Remove both antenna storage tubes and then scratch build a replacement using brass tube and some styrene to make mounts to raise it slightly off the deck surface. Just on the right side of course. I still blame jarndice for my Tiger OCD.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Just a pic for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am trying to ease the fellow into our Forum not make him run screaming into the distance,
Slowly slowly catchee monkey, :lolno:
I don't think you have done a lot of fishing Jimster :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Most true, Jedi Master :{ :think:

Return to “Heng Long”