Fitting HL cannon smoker

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Hartley
Recruit

Fitting HL cannon smoker

Post by Hartley »

Hello. Does anybody know where plug 5 ( power input socket) on the HL cannon smoke function board should plug into the HL v6.0 motherboard. I have tried various spare outputs, they either make the heating chamber very hot or create smoke all the time. Anybody wired up the HL cannon smoker successfully?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Fitting HL cannon smoker

Post by Jofaur86 »

EDB8134B-E29A-4D04-ADA0-77E2222CABF2.jpeg
EDB8134B-E29A-4D04-ADA0-77E2222CABF2.jpeg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
whether what kind of platinum? it seems that the miter and the resistor of the smoker, have their own dedicated plug? may be necessary to modify wiring? To existe ?
tankme

Post by tankme »

Video shows you how to install it:

phpBB [video]
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I have a feeling that the barrel smoke feature is only on the V6.1s board, or the Haya 6.4 board. The TK 6.0 only supports the standard smoker; but that will need some confirmation... :problem:

Stanley, above seems to have all the answers. However, as I understand it, the HL recoil unit designed to be used with this barrel smoker won't work with the V6.0 unit because it needs a servo slot, which the TK6.1 has, but which is absent on the 6.0 board. :problem:
Here's the recoil unit designed for the barrel smoker, although with some adaptation it might be used with non HL recoils..
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Video shows it being installed on a HL TK 6.0 system.
Derek
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

tankme wrote:Video shows it being installed on a HL TK 6.0 system.
Indeed, but this arrangement requires quite a bit of work to modify the airsoft gun, to remove the airsoft function. However, there's no recoil function to replace airsoft, as is often the case. The HL unit (above) is designed to provide smoke, gunflash and recoil. This is the arrangement seen on the Haya Chieftain with barrel smoke.
phpBB [video]

The best example of the the smoking, flashing and recoiling barrel is here:
phpBB [video]

The unit shown is designed to allow the three features. The emasculated Airsoft unit only offer smoke and flash.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Tank Legion has managed to make the smoking gun work with most boards, he has found a way of using a LED flash as a trigger.They do work with V6,1 which is probably the best for it as you can switch it on and off as with the main smoker.The trick seems to be the small circuit broad which sorts out when the pump switches on and fire the smoke.

regards pete
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Function recoil ?
https://www.rctank.de/unite-de-recul-de ... -Long-1-16
02BE427B-C9F4-453D-8787-64BB44C7D922.jpeg
02BE427B-C9F4-453D-8787-64BB44C7D922.jpeg (83.05 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
No airsoft :shifty:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have a Heng Long Abrams and a Heng Long Tiger 1 both Version 6.0,
Having watched the U-Tube butchery needed to convert the main Gun to accept both Gun Flash and Smoke using a Version 6.0 board it beggers the question how easy/difficult is it to change to a Version 6.1 board and could I then have recoil and smoke and muzzle flash? and all without eviserating the BB unit.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme

Post by tankme »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Indeed, but this arrangement requires quite a bit of work to modify the airsoft gun, to remove the airsoft function. However, there's no recoil function to replace airsoft, as is often the case. The HL unit (above) is designed to provide smoke, gunflash and recoil.
I guess since he asked about the smoker function I addressed the smoker question. The cannon smoke unit upgrade I saw at RC Tank Legion didn't have the recoil unit included.
Since he didn't ask about the recoil function it really didn't enter my mind. I would assume that he either didn't care about it or already had that part sorted. :) I will agree that if want recoil you would more than likely need to upgrade to the 6.1 or other electronics. There would also be additional mechanical work to achieve that goal.
Last edited by tankme on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek

Return to “Heng Long”