HAYA 6.3 with Xenon Flash Unit working

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
john1970
Corporal

HAYA 6.3 with Xenon Flash Unit working

Post by john1970 »

I'm editing this as i go along
Basically the haya 6.3 is a rebranded heng long 6.1 so should be exactly the same.
What you will need is a single channel 5V relay.

loop the microswitch cn6 a shorter wire would be better

The xenon flash has 3 wires red positive + , blue negative - and black positive signal. Remove the 3 pins from the plug they are in and put the red and blue wire into a 2 pin plug and plug into cn2 red on the left.

The black wire will go into com on the 5v relay i'm using a dual channel relays as i cant find my single 1

To provide the power for the positive signal take a wire from led 1 + and plug into NO on the 5v relay

To power and provide signal for the 5V relay you can use cn10 as the bb gun is no longer in use and is activated when you fire the gun .The negative wire will need to be looped to the ground and signal on the 5V relay and the positive will go to positive on the relay

So when you fire the cannon cn10 will activate the relay which will connect COM with NO sending a positive signal to the xenon flash
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: HAYA 6.3 with Xenon Flash Unit working

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Nice bit of ingenuity, John :clap: .. There's a 5v relay 9single channel) on Amazon for only £5.79. Doubtless, they can be found even cheaper than that- but given that high voltage is going to be involved, a tried and tested unit will be the one to go for. :)
I have a couple of the Xenon flash units and the 6.1s MFU, so, with your improvised circuit, I should be able to make my Comet light the evening skies :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

The negative wire will need to be looped to the ground and signal on the 5V relay
This sentence isn’t clear to me. How I understand it is the negative wire from cn10 goes to the negative lead on the back of the relay and then from the negative lead to the signal lead and then from the signal lead back to cn10 negative wire. Can someone please clarify this for my dumbass.
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Never mind, got it working.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Just did this mod to my T-72. Gonna tackle it on my Haya Chieftain next. I made adapter cables to make all the connections because I haven't decided which aftermarket board I'm going to put in these two tanks yet. I'd like to keep them both working tanks for a bit before making them non-working projects...
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Heng Long”