Help with wiring, 6.0 upgrade....

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
cascabel
Recruit

Help with wiring, 6.0 upgrade....

Post by cascabel »

I'm in the process of upgrading my Heng Long King Tiger to 6.0, and I am having trouble getting some of the wiring hooked up properly. Can somebody offer assistance ? In the wiring diagram, one plug location (CN6) is marked "trigger". Can somebody tell me which wires are to be plugged into that location ? I think it may have to do with track recoil from experimenting a bit, but I'm not sure. I also cannot get the airsoft gun to fire. When I push the buttons, the motor in the airsoft unit spins, but the gun does not fire. Is something not connected properly ? The tank has the slip ring unit for the wires not to get twisted, and I still have a couple of them that I can't figure out where they go. I have a male and female plug that look like they can plug together. They both have a yellow and a green wire, but I can't figure out what to do with them. There are also a couple of three wire plugs that I don't know what to do with. Everything is working properly except for the airsoft gun. Somebody on this forum must be a wiring Guru that has done this conversion in the past and may be able to enlighten me. I don't have any friends that know about these tanks that can help me.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Help with wiring, 6.0 upgrade....

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello cascabel and welcome to the forum. When you registered with the forum it would have suggested that your first post should be in the introduce yourself section, I think that you will find the members on here to be more receptive to you and take the time to help you out if you take a little time to introduce yourself to them first, maybe just how you got into the hobby etc :thumbup:
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Of course we can help Give us your address and we will send someone round to fix it, :lolno: :lolno:
Introduce yourself as you have already been asked and we will happily help until then you are on your own. :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

OK, sorry you got offended !!! I did not know there was an "introduce yourself section" !!! I'll try to find it and comply. Some of these forums have that, and some do not.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The wires going to CN6 are from the microswitch on the back of the airsoft gun. On this V6.0 Panther, you can see that the two wires are coloured yellow:
However, if you're using a slip ring, the colours will probably be different. Tracing the wires back to their source is the best way to approach it. Find the microswitch. :thumbup:
If the wires are not conected to CN6, then the gun won't fire.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

Thanks much for your reply !! I will try that tomorrow when I can work on it some more. What about the wire that comes from the gun motor ? Does that one need to plug in to position CN10 ? There are a couple of other questions regarding wiring in my original post on this subject. The Heng Long 6.0 manual gives some info, but not enough to complete the upgrade.
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

Well, I followed your advice about connecting the wires to CN6. Still not working. The motor runs, but does not do anything other than spin. Does not pull back against the spring, so I think perhaps the gears are stripped inside. Strangely enough, it had been firing properly before upgrade attempts. I ordered a new unit, assuming that there is a fault in the original because It won't work. Hoping for the best !! Thanks again for your response.....
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening :D
Attached diagram connection TK 6-0 . CN 6 ( trigger ) it is as said above,he who triggers the shot,chek that the switch is doing ist job ??? You say several files don't know where they go ??would be better to have pictures to help as it should :thumbup:
http://www.rc-panzer-shop.de/rc-battle- ... nformation
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

Thanks !! Some useful information there......
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

cascabel wrote:Thanks much for your reply !! I will try that tomorrow when I can work on it some more. What about the wire that comes from the gun motor ? Does that one need to plug in to position CN10 ? There are a couple of other questions regarding wiring in my original post on this subject. The Heng Long 6.0 manual gives some info, but not enough to complete the upgrade.
Yes, the gun motor connects to CN 10, and the microswitch connects to CN6. Is the slip-ring you're using configured for V6.0 series controllers? Earlier systems had intermediate connectors to complete the circuits: an eight-pin daughter board, specifically. Sometimes there's another small PCB for the lights. V6 models do away with the daughter boards. All the individual electronic components connect directly to the MFU/ Controller. If you have an earlier slip-ring, there could be a compatibility issue.
Did you buy the slip ring with a V6.0 upgrade kit?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long”