New Heng Long Transmitter Sticks reversed

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Boulder
Recruit

New Heng Long Transmitter Sticks reversed

Post by Boulder »

I have just unboxed and tested a brand new Tiger 1. The manual says Stick 1 is turret control and stick 2 is motion control.

My stick 1 up and down is forward/reverse and stick 1 left and right is turret rotation.
My stick 2 up and down is Barrel raise/lower and left/right is turning.

??? What gives?

Ray
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: New Heng Long Transmitter Sticks reversed

Post by RenoirLV »

Pretty cool setup. Are you sure you won’t get used to it?

Maybe they’ve mixed up some cables leading to the MFU? Never heard of this type of problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Do you know what version mfu is installed? With the new heng long tk6.1s mfu it gives you this option or you can switch it so all the driving functions are on the left stick and the turret functions are on the right stick, check out the transmitter manual to see how to change modes, I prefer it how you have it set up as it gives better control when driving :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That’s exactly how I set mine up because I think it provides the most realistic movement. Try it for a while since it’s already like that. You might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise it can be changed with rearranging wires or check out the transmitter manual as Model Builder 4 has suggested.
trickymc1r
Recruit

Post by trickymc1r »

I wish my 6.0s was like yours as I feel left hand driving is much better than right hand. My S version only allows me to change controls to Tamiya style control not laft swap with right.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

trickymc1r wrote:I wish my 6.0s was like yours as I feel left hand driving is much better than right hand. My S version only allows me to change controls to Tamiya style control not laft swap with right.
Welcome to the forum. May I please ask you to read the introductory private message that was sent to you when you joined? It would be good if you would go to the Introduce Yourself" thread and do just that. We like to know a little about your tanks, your experience and particularly where in the world you are. The latter makes it a lot easier to point you in the right direction if you need any help.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="silversurfer1947"
Welcome to the forum. May I please ask you to read the introductory private message that was sent to you when you joined? It would be good if you would go to the Introduce Yourself" thread and do just that. We like to know a little about your tanks, your experience and particularly where in the world you are. The latter makes it a lot easier to point you in the right direction if you need any help.[/quote]

Whenever I enter this minefield I seem to find myself in trouble but I sense double standards in this request as the originator of this thread (Boulder) similarly came to the Forum for assistance without first introducing themselves and they were not challenged.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

jarndice wrote:[quote="silversurfer1947"
Welcome to the forum. May I please ask you to read the introductory private message that was sent to you when you joined? It would be good if you would go to the Introduce Yourself" thread and do just that. We like to know a little about your tanks, your experience and particularly where in the world you are. The latter makes it a lot easier to point you in the right direction if you need any help.
Whenever I enter this minefield I seem to find myself in trouble but I sense double standards in this request as the originator of this thread (Boulder) similarly came to the Forum for assistance without first introducing themselves and they were not challenged.

Probably because I did not read the original post. If I had, I would have made the same request. No double standards at all.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Double standards?
So, the fact someone wasn't noticed by us and slipped through the net is a double standard :think:

Well Shaun, by your reasoning, where you berate some new members, and politely give a hint to other new members depending on what day of the month it is, surely the fact that you missed the original poster of this topic means you too have double standards :P

Edit tm add.
Also at the time of the original posting, Lee was not green at the time, and Jim was more green behind the gills :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I seem to have two standards as well. My first and primary standard is to be as helpful as possible to people who share our passion of rc armor and my eagerness to share what little info I’ve acquired.
My secondary standard is assisting with forum chores like stopping spammers and courteously reminding new folks about our few but important rules of engagement.
My primary standard sometimes overshadows my secondary impulses. Hopefully never the other way around. But hell, this was last summer. Keep the column moving forward, men!

Return to “Heng Long”