Battery voltage

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Valleyboy
Recruit

Battery voltage

Post by Valleyboy »

Hi all,
New to forum and the hobby in general. Converted from RC whirlybirds due to my lack of talent and expense of fixing things after every bad landing! :haha:

I have a Challenger 2 from heng long.
Upgraded to steel gearbox and red motors.

In regards to battery voltage, does anyone run higher than the 7.4v?
E.g. 9.6 v ?

I have a TK -6.0 from heng long, which states up to 12v

The reason i ask is I have read sections which state 12V will fry the airsoft motor - so wondering if anyone has run at 9.6V ?
Otherwise, will stick with 7.4 V but get a higher draw rated battery. Space less of an issue now due to moving internals around a bit. Plus the bigger battery will act as a counter weight to the gearbox! Tank tends to drag its rear end around :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Battery voltage

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's still early days with the TK 6.0 series of controllers, and there's a lot to learn yet. However, as I understand it, V 6.0 requires a V6.0 compatible smoke unit. I've just fitted one of these to a Panther, and assumed that compatibility means the latest smoker can handle the increased voltage. Nowhere have I read that V6.0 requires an uprated airsoft unit. Perhaps later ones have a different resistor, but I don't think so. Outlets selling spares for V6.0 units, usually state whether a system component is compatible with it, or not. I've not seen a V6.0 compliant airsoft unit listed anywhere.
So....I think you'll probably be okay, so long as you get a later smoker.
Check this out:
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _Tank.html
I just fitted it to a TK 6.0 system, and it smokes like bonfire night.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Valleyboy
Recruit

Re: Battery voltage

Post by Valleyboy »

I have a V6 Challenger (supposedly!) it has the idle wheel adjusters and metal arms for road wheels, the smoker looks nothing like that one in mine haha, I may have a franken tank!
Ive taken the smoker out for now, as unless indoors could barely see it. Might get that one you linked to replace though.
Cheers

Return to “Heng Long”