TIAGEN V1 mother, daughter board, Transmitter in Heng Long T

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Maybach 1961
Recruit

TIAGEN V1 mother, daughter board, Transmitter in Heng Long T

Post by Maybach 1961 »

I have an HL Tiger ...attempted to install an Asiatam recoil flash...it worked but worked continuously...
Got fed up, purchased the Tiger for beans new..so I splurged for a complete Taigen V1 mother, daughter transmitter new Asiatam unit..start all over fresh...
Installed everything, bind successful...the only things that work are the tracks..fully..NO sound, Asiatam unit does not do anything. The hull MG LED lights, head lights light, turret turns...Asiatam unit does nothing ! Heck, it worked after doing refit wiring with my Henglong board TX ..I'm also using my HL speaker have not plugged in my smoke unit. .
So, I'm using my HL 8 pin connector daughter board to motherboard....does it require a specific TAIGEN 8 pin connector..?
Any ideas.. I'm like here we go, plug n play..can't wait..and I end up worse off then using the Asiatam unit w/ my HL transmitter daughter/motherboard then the TAIGEN electronics...
Also on the TAIGEN V1 motherboard, it has 2 pin ports for the smoke, speaker, but also has ports for on/off switch for both
Also..the blue/white wires which go to the TAIGEN turret on/off switch are twisted together..wouldn't work either way untwisted - twisted
So a lot of info here
Suggestions appreciated !

OK...IT WORKS !!!! How the heck can this silly Tiger which now has functioning recoil, flash .. bring so much joy to one's life...
STILL one issue....NO SOUND..I fear the HL speaker is incompatible w/ TAIGEN MFU
JEFF
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: TIAGEN V1 mother, daughter board, Transmitter in Heng Lo

Post by RenoirLV »

Is the sound volume up? Can you change volume on the transmitter or do you need a tumbler on the tank itself. I’m confused about the versions you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You may well find the wiring under the volume control is broken, It is a blo*dy awful connection at the best of times.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

I have a TAIGEN V1 MFU, daughter and transmitter set up...I gutted my HL electronics..
The V1 motherboard has ports for speaker and speaker volume control same w/ smoke unit, a port to turn it off and on.
Also, which is pretty cool, the MFU has a cooling fan, and a port for rear convoy lighting accessory.
I have everything working EXCEPT the volume, did not install the smoke unit yet. I have to reconfigure the Taigen V1 MFU, find a place to install it, next do a permanent routing hot gluing of the headlight, MG, wiring..I added resistors to dumb down the bright HL leds
The Asiatam unit works well...I believe the answer is a Taigen speaker, volume control, smoker volume control
QUESTION: On the TAIGEN MFU is there a trick to dumb down the track recoil...I like it, it's just a bit over done
Thanks for your responses !!
JEFF
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Only the very latest Taigen MFU(I know it as a V3) has a recoil on/off switch.
The others before it do not.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

Thanks Hermann
Thought so...no big deal
Well the Taigen /Asiatam unit stopped working...I have no idea why..the barrel up/down works,turret rotates, lights, MG leds etc.......but this morning the recoil function stop ..and obviously flash.. A positive lead broken off one of the drive motors, thought that was it...re soldered nope...getting a bit fed up...pretty straight forward when you think about it...
Everything seems to be connected properly, checked the ground coming off the micro switch..OK..anyway to check the motor, make sure it didn't burn out
Nothing appears over heated, burned, wire sheathing isn't burned, melted...I triple checked .and nothing....I had found the recoil by mistake when playing with the transmitter...not where it was supposed to be...blue white on'off switch wires are soldered together
When I started the tank up, the track recoil jolts the tank, lights stay on, machine LED works... everything works except lost the track recoil upon start up
Any ideas
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

OK,
Got it working..
A few thoughts....
I purchased an Asiatam f;ash unit from The Panzer..de.Panzer, Germany Dominique Slembrouch IIRC proper spelling .who was beyond patient w/ my original install attempt using my HengLong RX18..
I had to do refit re-wire..the make a long story short I would have had that unit working IF I would have disconnected the ground lead to power switch..but didn't attempt that...it worked perfectly, except it would run continuously..
So as I stated , I decide to purchase a complete Taigen electronic unit..new Taigen (Asiatam) recoil, V1 MFU and transmitter...used the xenon flash kit I purchased from De.Panzer, Germany.
I installed everything, got it to work, crapped out...used my old Asiatam unit I purchased from Germany..returned wiring back to standard...installed ...it worked but again as with the HengLong, continuously....until I disconnected the ground to power main power switch...now it works perfectly...knock on wood !!!
I will say this, the wiring on the Asiatam unit is much thicker, robust then the Taigen-Asiatam unit. ..those little round things, resistors ? attached to each motor, the Taigen unit has 2, Asiatam 3..the Asiatam seems same except wiring, motors seem more robust..the unit action is quick, the Taigen is a bit slower ..sometimes it would barely draw back..sometimes it would stop drawing back like it was stressed.
Little disappointed in the Taigen recoil unit..definitely corners cut here regarding wiring..motors..what are those little round things coming off the motors ?
Now onto other things !
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Those are resistors to prevent the motors from pulling too many amps, which could lead to blown FETs. ( = end of controller. FETs are the parts that regulate the current to the motors. The higher amp load a FET can have, the more expensive they get)

Bit of a crappy solution to be able to use under-specced FETs in the controller ( because: cheaper)

Imho, the Taigen ( and Torro) controllers are - by now old hat compared to the latest offerings of Heng Long.( and Haya ! ) Especially the shenanigans with the moving of ground wires In the plugs makes them a drag to work with.
I’ve had nothing but trouble with the Taigen/Torro offerings. At first I loved the idea of a separate sound card.. until I discovered they can crap-out at the slightest provocation. No more fancy sounds.. :'( And the “control” of the speed is none too impressive. Seriously notchy, to say the least.
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

So far so good with the ancient Taigen V1 electronics package. Everything is working perfectly. recoil, flash, track recoil all works astonishingly well. So it's nice to move on to my acumen ..which is painting, putty, adding upgraded parts...weathering..
First....I ordered a few things from 'Forgebear' Tanks in the UK this time instead of Ebay, MATO, Toucan .. Their prices are very fair, shipping beyond fair. I believe it took about 2-1/2 weeks to get it over here to Pennsylvania, USA. No complaints, the cast parts are of far better quality then stuff I've received from China. Maybe these parts are made in China, but far better quality. The barrel mantle LED MG is beautiful, far far better quality then the bow MG I got off ebay. So I'll be replacing that soon. look forward to dealing with them in the future.
I just installed the new Forgebear MG in the barrel mantle. I used about 1/2 inch of shrink wrap, splayed the ends x 4, then glued the ends flat against the inside of the mantle ..mines is plastic, used a quick set epoxy. Then I pushed the machine gun thru until it sticks out to a reasonable length. hit it with a heat gun, done deal...has a good, albeit restricted movement as the real article ...the only issue now is how to wire it . Can it be wired to the Asiatam recoil unit ? Or will I have to rig a connector from the turret and one connector coming from the daughter board where the bow MG is soldered. Would like it to work independently.
Any suggestions..

Return to “Heng Long”