Adding new Receiver to Heng Long v6.0 board

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
BlueWotsit57
Private

Adding new Receiver to Heng Long v6.0 board

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

I was thinking that at some point in the future I might want to change from the supplied plasticky Transmitter to my multi channel Futaba which I use for all my r/c boats.

Daft question as always - can a Futaba receiver be installed into the Tank, if so how does it connect up. I am looking at the circuitry documented in the User Guide and cannot see how the connection is made if indeed it can

Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Adding new Receiver to Heng Long v6.0 board

Post by Max-U52 »

As far as I know you can not use a different TX/RX with the 6.0
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
adeh
Recruit

Post by adeh »

As Max said,

it's not possible.

The V6 boards and the previous 2.4Ghz boards combine the rx, speed controllers and other functions into one board.

To use a normal rx you'd need to replace the entire board with something like a Clark board or one of the other aftermarket boards to keep similar functionality.
Alternatively you could fit separate escs, sound unit, servos, switches etc which you may be familiar with from your boats but it would all take up much more space and wouldn't have an in built infra red battle system.
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Thats a shame but thanks for the replies

Seems to me people have to hope that their transmitters as supplied do not fail - being new to the hobby I dont know if this is a frequent occurrence or not

cheers
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Be very careful. The desire to begin improving your tanks electronics leads to a fall down into the rabbit hole. We’ll see you down there :wave:
adeh
Recruit

Post by adeh »

BlueWotsit57 wrote:Thats a shame but thanks for the replies

Seems to me people have to hope that their transmitters as supplied do not fail - being new to the hobby I dont know if this is a frequent occurrence or not

cheers
They seem to be like most electronics.
They'll either fail more or less immediately or keep going for years.
Luckily it's not too expensive to replace if it fails outside of any warranty period but if it does go then it's an incentive to upgrade.

Return to “Heng Long”