Heng Long Sherman refuses to start

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
BlueWotsit57
Private

Heng Long Sherman refuses to start

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi
I took delivery of a 2.4ghz controlled Sherman a couple of days ago, with a v6.0 motherboard installed

Charged the battery up, and then powered the tank up on my work bench, testing all the functions - tracks, sound, smoke, turret movement and so on, all worked fine first time.

Today I took the tank outside to use for the first time, powered up - nothing dead as a dodo - no lights flashing nothing.

I checked the battery and it still showed a full charge, I had only used it for about ten minutes when testing it previously.

I put in a different charged battery and still nothing.

I had powered the TX on, held the padlock button down and switched the tank on. When that didn't work I tried powering TX on, then tank on then holding the padlock starter button down - still nothing

At a total loss now as to what to do, the tank has not even moved off my workbench since testing the controls a couple of days ago

thanks
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Sherman refuses to start

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

One thought, check the battery plug in the tank, it has been my experience on more than one occasion, and to a few tanks. When connecting the battery, the metal connecting pins sometimes push right in and thusly fail to give a connection.
Failing that, you may have to take the tank apart to check other connections.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oh, and try wiggling the tanks on/off switch a few times to make sure it hadn't stuck and not moved fully across.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi - just checked the pins they were fine

Tried jiggling wires in plug and made no difference, similarly the on/off switch a few times

Hope I dont have to send the tank back already as that will be well disappointing with my first tank
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have had problems with the on/off switch failing.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Richard - how did you resolve ?

I've only just received this item from the dealer, so reluctant to try and work out how to take it apart. Trouble is being in isolation getting it returned is not going to be easy

Feeling really disappointed at the moment as this was my first tank and I have not even used it on the ground as yet
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

As I don't have a V 6, I'm only guessing this.
Can the lights be turned off? And, what if they can be, and the sound is also turned off/right down.
I have had a similar situation where my lights weren't working, and I had the sound off, and thought my tank wasn't working till I knocked a joy stick and it shot off :{

Just a thought.

BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi - I wondered if it was something like lights and so on switched off, so had indeed tried the joysticks and nope nothing worked still :(
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Did you go through the start up procedure first, before trying the sticks?

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I fitted a new switch. Just to double check, does anything at all work on rhe tank? Any flashing lights? If nothing at all, as it is a brand new tank, I would firstly contact the dealer and see what they propose as a course of action.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Heng Long”