Missing Wire

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
PershingLover
Corporal

Missing Wire

Post by PershingLover »

My Pershing came with a wire that had unsoldered itself from the turret.

Unfortunately, I can't find it right now, but it is a 2 pin, red and white wire.

I suspect it might be the linkage for track recoil, as my tank has never done that.

Any idea where it goes, and how to reattach it? Thanks!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Missing Wire

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

To reduce the amount of guessing needed, and queries, it's always better to mention which manufacturer's model this is, and which version you have (Airsoft, IR, V6.0 or combi.and so on) :)
There's a red and white connector that runs from the airsoft unit, to the MFU, in Taigen models. If it becomes detached, there'll be no recoil- and probably no shot either.
Wiring diagram for airsoft
Wiring diagram for airsoft
Wiring diagram for IR
Wiring diagram for IR
Here's one for IR. Without knowing what you have, and what vintage it is, it's hard to be of much help. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I was under the impression that Pershinglovers Tank was a Heng Long example.
Of course not for the first time I stand to be corrected :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I was under the impression that Pershinglovers Tank was a Heng Long example.
Of course not for the first time I stand to be corrected :lolno:
The point I'm trying to make, Shaun, is that it's much easier to make helpful suggestions if we have the relevant facts to go on. If it's from the Heng Long stable, for instance, there's a big difference between
5.3 electronics versions, and version 6.0. :) Taigen also produce the M26. Incidentally, the airsoft wires on my Tiger are orange and white, so I may have made an error there. :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Sorry guys, it is a Heng Long, airsoft, and 2.4 ghz. The wire seems to come off the airsoft assembly.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Whoops, missed some info. I think it is 6.0? It has the color coded receivers on the board.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I don't think it could be V6.0 electronics, as HL have only installed the new system in the M41 Bulldog, the Tiger 1, and the M4A3 Sherman, as yet. I'm guessing yours must be the earlier 5.3 system
Here's an earlier wiring diagram for HL tanks:
Heng Long 2.6G wiring 2016
Heng Long 2.6G wiring 2016
Click on pic to ENLARGE it.

One expedient would be to post photos of the tank interior, so we can see the wiring layout and MFU connectors (MFU= Multi Function Unit. On a bad day, it can be the Multi Disfunction Unit. :/ )
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Pictures will come.
Does the wire matter? Or could I just throw a replacement one in?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PershingLover wrote:Pictures will come.
Does the wire matter? Or could I just throw a replacement one in?
:problem: Hmmm...what is it, exactly, that isn't working on your tank? It's not at all clear. If it's only track recoil, I wouldn't worry about that. Clearly, the wires are put there for a purpose. The tank should run, reverse, and swivel on the spot. The turret should turn L & R; the gun should elevate/depress, and BBs should be shot out of it with an accompanying sound effect (There should, of course, be sound effects for other functions too,). The smoker should smoke. If one of these functions is absent, then you'll know which component the wires have fallen off.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

I'm almost entirely sure it is track recoil, because everything else works. How does it work? Is it automatic when a BB is fired?

Return to “Heng Long”