HL Challenger 2 (v6.0) MFU Advice

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Morkath
Recruit

Re: HL Challenger 2 (v6.0) MFU Advice

Post by Morkath »

[quote="maxmekker"][/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed response, very helpful.

I am still leaning towards the TK80 but I might also consider you're advice and go with the TK60, I see what you are saying with the TK80 and the speaker system it can supply. I was planning on fitting an additional speaker in the turret but looking at the wiring in that video you linked for the Abrams turret there wasn't much room left in there, is that all turret controls or has the user mounted the MFU in the turret? If that's an option that could free up some room in the lower hull to make use of the dual amp on the TK80.

What do you mean when you say full GBS setup? I was especially impressed with the gun depression on that Abrams, something I am not happy at all with on the Challenger 2, i.e. there is no gun depression so practically no hull down positioning.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Yup! That's the guy. I got a rather snazzy remote weapon station as well to replace the GPMG (lovely piece of kit :) )

As to GBS = that's the gun barrel stabilisation system. Aim the barrel at something and it will automatically stay "on target" whilst the tank manouvers - looks cool as fook when it's working properly :D

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

.........also, I have my control board inside the turret - pretty much essential if you want the GBS system! Frees up lots of space on the hull for speakers, bigger batteries/more batteries etc :)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Morkath wrote:
maxmekker wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed response, very helpful.

I am still leaning towards the TK80 but I might also consider you're advice and go with the TK60, I see what you are saying with the TK80 and the speaker system it can supply. I was planning on fitting an additional speaker in the turret but looking at the wiring in that video you linked for the Abrams turret there wasn't much room left in there, is that all turret controls or has the user mounted the MFU in the turret? If that's an option that could free up some room in the lower hull to make use of the dual amp on the TK80.

What do you mean when you say full GBS setup? I was especially impressed with the gun depression on that Abrams, something I am not happy at all with on the Challenger 2, i.e. there is no gun depression so practically no hull down positioning.

Anytime tanker friend. Not sure where you are 'based' in the world but if anything you can PM me as I do deal with Clark stuff and make many of the soundsets :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I have to throw in a plug for Maxmekker. He’s my go to guy for practically all my tank electronics, elevation, recoil and turret rotation needs. 100% satisfaction and excellent “after purchase” support.

Return to “Heng Long”