Infra red flash

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Gas hog
Recruit

Infra red flash

Post by Gas hog »

Good afternoon, can anyone help me out with a conversion on my Heng long early Tiger 1 please? I have purchased a Taigen infra red turret with muzzle flash and recoil, but i am unable to find a wiring diagram to show me how to connect it to a Heng Long V 6 board. Has anyone have any info they could share please.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Infra red flash

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Some wiring diags. to shed a wee bit of light, hopefully:
HL TK6.0/6.1 layout
HL TK6.0/6.1 layout
...and the older arrangement:
HL MFU connectors-RX18
HL MFU connectors-RX18
RX18 Wiring
RX18 Wiring
Clicking on the pics should ENLARGE them. Good luck!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Dont think they are compatible anymore without a complete rewiring of the turret even then i'm not sure if it would work. I dont have a V6 board to try it out, the taigen flash unit wont work on the heng long v6 and will need to be replaced with a flash led.
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

I agree that the hi intensity flash units
Will not connect to a tk6 or tk6.1. I tried it with my v6 tiger. In the end I went with a super bright led in the barrel but have to say it's no where near as good as the flash units were.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
There must be a solution ( twisted ) keep the RX 18,feed it in parallel with the TK6.0,connect the xenon flash to CN 3 ( 3 wires on the left ) instal a mini relay ( 5 volts ) on the led 1 output and use the contact of to relay to shunt the withe / yellow wire coming from the flash and which is the contact ??? I spécify that i did not do any test,and that twisted id?a :wtf:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Explications :S
IMG_5990.JPG
Diagram of my idea?do not forget the diode in parallel on the relay coil.I sp?cify that this system works on an RX18 to replace the existing switch recoil,HL,Taigen,Torro :thumbup:
Now it's just an id?a .Now it's just an idéa.maybe some purists or electronics technicians,will find better .
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Just another idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEO087jaQI

ok i watched this video about the old mako board and taigen/asiatam high intensity flash what i took from it is that the flash unit requires a positive connection, negative connection and a positive signal

looking at the wiring diagram i post earlier in the thread i was thinking that the positive and negative could come from cn5 wifi image transmission power (6v) (this is where the mako tk6.0 takes its power from) and the positive signal could come from LED1 Launch flashing light (if thats the right plug for the flash bulb) thats if heng long send a pulse thought positive on their flash bulbs

If this will work i dont know and i would say try it at your own risk
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

john1970 wrote:Just another idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEO087jaQI

ok i watched this video about the old mako board and taigen/asiatam high intensity flash what i took from it is that the flash unit requires a positive connection, negative connection and a positive signal

looking at the wiring diagram i post earlier in the thread i was thinking that the positive and negative could come from cn5 wifi image transmission power (6v) (this is where the mako tk6.0 takes its power from) and the positive signal could come from LED1 Launch flashing light (if thats the right plug for the flash bulb) thats if heng long send a pulse thought positive on their flash bulbs

If this will work i dont know and i would say try it at your own risk
Thanks for looking at this, i am waiting for a Clark TH 40 board to arrive. Not sure if it will work on that.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I think wanted to say TK 40 Clark ?there is no problem works on the TK,even need only 3 wires the contact( yellow / white ) is no longer used.However there is a standard radio ( plane and hélico )with receiver :'( does not work with HL,Torro,Taigen radio origine
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

I have recently purchased a Flysky FS- i6s, so i should be good to go hopefully !

Return to “Heng Long”