Steering issues

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Gas hog
Recruit

Steering issues

Post by Gas hog »

Hi all, i have just finished my Tiger 1 upgrade.. metal hull and 5-1 gearboxes. I have the V6 mfu. My problem is on testing all went well forwards & backwards ok, but moving the stick to the left the tank turns to the right and vice versa. Can anyone tell me what i would have to do to correct this please.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Steering issues

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Try swapping the motor connections to the board over.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

Thanks, i have tried that, forwards is then backwards, and the steering is still wrong!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Swapping left and right should not affect forwards and backwards. Is that what you did or swap black and red for each motor?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

I switched both motors over, i didn't cross red to black.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

It sounds as if the motors in your replacement gearboxes have reversed polarity from the standard Heng Long. That would mean swapping the black and red feeds. Before taking any action, you might like to wait for a second opinion
Richard
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Are the motors connected in order on the RX18 ??( right and left )?otherwise you must reverse the red and black wires on cach motor :D
https://www.rc-panzershop.fr/ekmps/shop ... /hl2.4.pdf
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

Jofaur86 wrote:Are the motors connected in order on the RX18 ??( right and left )?otherwise you must reverse the red and black wires on cach motor :D
https://www.rc-panzershop.fr/ekmps/shop ... /hl2.4.pdf
Yes, they are correct. I am sure an r/c car i had years ago had a switch on the controller to reverse the steering input when driving it towards you. A pity the heng long does not have the same.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

The transmitter ? Is à Torro or Taigen ? On the top rigth of the antenna there is a small black button for the adjustement of the motors :thumbup:
IMG_5927.JPG
IMG_5927.JPG (52.33 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
Looks the links Panzer shop :D détails commandes Transmitter fonctions
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

Jofaur86 wrote:The transmitter ? Is à Torro or Taigen ? On the top rigth of the antenna there is a small black button for the adjustement of the motors :thumbup:
IMG_5927.JPG
Looks the links Panzer shop :D détails commandes Transmitter fonctions
It's a Heng long transmitter, this afternoon i tried all the suggestions offered on monday to no avail :| whilst testing it developed a new problem.. before turning left or right, for a moment it seemed to want to go in the opposite direction. Then the sound system started to break down, so i have now ordered a new MFU and transmitter from Forgebear. I hope this fixes the problem, as it has become a very expensive introduction into the world of upgraded rc tanks.

Return to “Heng Long”