Steering issues

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Steering issues

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This may sound silly, and Im not having a go at you, but is the battery fully charged ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Silversurfer is correct. Swap the leads but you also need to swap the red and black wires in the plugs. Once you swap everything it will work properly.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Well seen Herman :thumbup: actually had not thought about it,you should know that HL chargers have only the name of changer,vulgar transformer with a diodes bridge and withord any régulation.no protection against shirt curcuits,prefer a charger automatic,says intelligent :thumbup:
On thecother gand for the wires ,either on the motors ( the easiest ) or the plugs ?but if it does on both?come back to thecstart? No ??
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jackalope wrote:Silversurfer is correct. Swap the leads but you also need to swap the red and black wires in the plugs. Once you swap everything it will work properly.
Yes, this is the solution. The two motor plugs are the wrong way around on the MFU, but the red and black leads are also the wrong way around either on the motors, or in the plugs.

Edit: Rad_Schuhart had exactly the same problem, and this is how he cured it :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

??? The wires on the motors and on the plugs must be reversed :'(
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jofaur86 wrote:??? The wires on the motors and on the plugs must be reversed :'(
Only one or the other. If you swap the wires around within the plugs and on the motors at the same time, you would be back to square one.
You only swap the wires around at one end, then swap the plugs around in their sockets on the MFU.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

Just a quick update, i tried switching motor wires over and it did work :thumbup: . Other issues still persisted so a new Transmitter and MFU were purchased from Forgebear. I have fitted them today and i am happy to report that all is well. I would like to thank you all for help and advice and to Dave for his excellent customer service.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Glad to hear it got sorted out, and yes. Dave is great to deal with :)
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

My advice on the electronics is not cheap, but I highly recommend it..

Purchase either a Clark board, or an IBU system.. You'll be FAR happier in the end.. I damn near walked away from the hobby out of frustration due to the original MFU offered by Taigen.. Thankfully, some great guy's on the site saw my frustration and talked me into an IBU2 Pro.. I switched over to it, and have NEVER looked back.. 2 years I have owned my tank, and have never had even so much as a hiccup with the system.. It just works.. I am extremely grateful to those that pointed me in the right direction to Ian..

I refuse to own any tank if I can't have these boards.. The hobby is so much more enjoyable now, and trouble free..

All of this, is simply my own two cents worth.. Your mileage may vary..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

The current gen 6.0 and 6.1 Heng Long ( or Haya’s 6.3) boards are the easiest to wire yet. It beats IBU’s ( got three of those too) in ease of connecting. Driving precision and Control is pretty close too, mind You. Only drawback? EVERY motor, switch, LED etc, must get its own JX plug. Added to that, the motors need Rc-car bullet plugs and wires.( makes finding the right connection sequence a doddle, though) Finally gots me a proper set of plugs, wire and a crimper for that.

Best bit? The utterly evil, mind-boggling 8-pin board and the shared ground-wire-riddles are gone.. forever!!

Return to “Heng Long”