DePanzer revised tutorial for HL recoil/flash kit

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Maybach 1961
Recruit

DePanzer revised tutorial for HL recoil/flash kit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

Have a question,
Been following various forums for quite sometime now regarding upgrade accessory parts, and electrical upgrades.
I just purchased a barrel, recoil/flash kit from dePanzer in Germany. If there is a better vendor please let me know.
de Panzer had sent me a revised picture tutorial on how to install the recoil, flash on a HL tank. Not Tiger specific, but same same layout, etc.
I wanted to post it up as I believe it might help. It's in PDF, but I can't get it to load.
Also has anyone installed the recoil/flash barrel kit in a HL Tiger 1. It is the white plastic unit, just recoil/flash, no BB option..I would like to see one installed ..
thanks
JEFF
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Re: DePanzer revised tutorial for HL recoil/flash kit

Post by cashybai »

Hi Jeff,
I think I've got the one you're talking about fitted in my WSN Tiger & my HL Jagdpanther. Recoil's fine, elevation isn't brilliant range, but adequate.
This is the unit (albeit in black) fitted in the tiger...

download/file.php?id=72115&mode=view
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Wiring%20Diagram%20for%20IR.jpg
Wiring%20Diagram%20for%20IR.jpg (46.32 KiB) Viewed 6700 times
I've got the wiring diagram as well?
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I don't think you can load pdf files direct into posts. There is a download section wthin the Forum, which is used for uploading manuals, amongst other thing. Unfortunately, you need 20 posts before you can upload files. Hopefully, it will not be long before you have the required number, then the file could be readily available for all.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm slightly puzzled by the reference to dePanzer. Do you mean, by any chance, rctank.de? I've not heard of dePanzer.
Maybe, you could post a link... :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Might be https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/

As for fitting the recoil unit it depends on what heng long board you have as the wiring changed on the 5.3 dual sound version and again on the 6.0 version
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

Hey guys, thanks for all your responses. It RCtank.de in Germany. They had sent me a revised Asiatam 'Refit' B rewire diagram..
So,
Painting, weathering, camo, airbrushing w/ my trusty Badger, static models, done loads of Star ships, with blinking nav lights, spots etc, RC planes ...but this Asiatam unit is beating me up.
First off, I re-wired the unit as per RC tank RCtanks Mr Slembrouck ? ..then the yellow lead of the recoil side micro switch sheathing started to smoke and melt.
Then today I discovered why, the large gear on top, was installed upside down. The pin the strikes the microswitch tail was facing up. the raised molded in portion of the gear..looks like a 'C" was facing down..everything jammed up. Fixed that...
Now though when I plug everything in, both motors just run ....the elevation gears spin, the recoil functions, the flash goes off and tracks recoil perfectly. Except my transmitter doesn't do anything. I plug it in, meaning when I plug the recoil leads into #2 position, and elevation motor leads into #4 position of the hull daughterboard . turn it on at the on/off switch on the hull bottom, it just runs and won't stop.
I'm close now that I found the upside down gear install...but far away !
Any ideas. I can load a few pics if anyone has a suggestion or 2.
JEFF
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

When I get home I'll get the lid off and check the wiring Jeff. I'll take a load of pics for you, as I've got the same in the Jagdpanther....
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

That would be super If I could see a few pics from your Jagd !!!!! RCtank, Germany sent me a revised 'Refit B' wiring diagram, but each side both elevation and recoil run continuously. The transmitter has zero control over he board.
It is darn frustrating because the recoil, flash, track recoil are all in sync...and it's super cool. See if I can load up a few pics of what I have going w/ the wiring

Return to “Heng Long”