HL Panther G 2.4 GHZ ,Airsoft issue led to other issue

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
mutt71
Lance Corporal

HL Panther G 2.4 GHZ ,Airsoft issue led to other issue

Post by mutt71 »

I bought the above tank 2 weeks ago. Everything worked just fine. Until a day ago. The Airsoft had 6mm pellets in it (and fired then before this). While running the tank, I tried to take an Airsoft shot. It would not fire. I opened the Commander's hatch and discovered that there was no on/off switch visible, (I had not noticed this before this point). Well, I took all of the screws out from the lower hull, after disconnecting the battery. I saw that there were 3 two pin connectors and a longer connector, that connected the Upper hull and turret from the Motherboard. I removed these connectors and set the lower hull down, to remove the 3 screws that secured the turret to the traverse motor and gear. I then removed the screws from the bottom of the Lower turret. I checked all over and can't find how to remove the Airsoft or the elevation motor from the turret. I could not ascertain if there was any on/off switch for the Airsoft either. Well, I figured that I would tackle this again today and still can't figure it out. I figured that I would just post here and see what I got for advice, so I put it together. Do you think that I could remember which if the 3 connectors goes where to reconnect the upper hull and turret to the Motherboard and the lower hull? Heck no! So, I am in need of some serious help now. Any help is greatly appreciated. :crazy:
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: HL Panther G 2.4 GHZ ,Airsoft issue led to other issue

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Take a picture of whats going on now mate. Show the wires you need help with as well as you can.
As for the bb failure, it could be a jam from the crappy bb's they give you in the box with a new tank.

Removal of the system from a Panther is pretty straight forward, but there are traps.
Flip your turret over & post a picture. Again, one of those is worth a thousand words.
I have a 2.4 gig Panther here as a "project" so is of no consequence to pull apart to help out.
Lets see whats going on eh ;)

I'm more than happy to help a man out that is not real far from Lynchburg Tn (ole Jasper Daniels joint) :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: HL Panther G 2.4 GHZ ,Airsoft issue led to other issue

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

As for the airsoft unit, did you hear the usual whirring sound it makes when it tries to shoot? If so, and you did what Herman said and used the BB's that came with the tank, you'll probably have one jammed in the barrel at the turret end.
Depending on how many times you tried it if this was the case, you may have to take the barrel off as you may have multiple BB's stuck. I used to have one of those garden sticks used in plant pots that are about 5mm diameter, and carefully push that down the barrel to try to free the blockage. Sadly won't help if you have multiple jams.
Now I don't need a stick as I have polished balls :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Heng Long”