HL transmitters and receivers again

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Robert45
Recruit

HL transmitters and receivers again

Post by Robert45 »

Being a new guy I am really trying to understand HL's attempt to confuse me:

This is related to the 'Panther G uncontrolled super spin' in the General Questions' forum.

In the Panther G the original HL transmitter with the black label, silver lettering, and dummy top buttons bind happily with the HL receiver Version 5.2.

Other than the known uncontrolled spin, the other functions worked!

Then I attempted to change out the HL black label transmitter and HL Version 5.2 receiver with the HL silver transmitter and HL Version 5.3 receiver.

The HL transmitter with the silver label, black lettering, and operable top buttons bind very happily with the HL receiver Version 5.3.

But.....the Panther G's functions were then a bit messed up:

The HL silver label transmitter left toggle up/down moved the turret left/right.

The HL silver label transmitter left toggle left/right moved the cannon up/down.

No Airsoft shoot.

I thought about ordering a $100 Taigen V3 control system BUT they said some type of rewire may be required in the HL Panther G., nothing specific though.

Since I am a cheapskate I ordered a $34 HL version 5.2 receiver. This SHOULD be a Plug and Play.....hahahahaha, I can dream, right?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL transmitters and receivers again

Post by Jofaur86 »

Is this concerne due ? To a change of platinum,or others? Or happened surddenly ?? :(
jarndice
Colonel

Re: HL transmitters and receivers again

Post by jarndice »

They have changed the Daughter Board in the Tank Body three times that I know of so you have to buy a new one,
The earliest being a single 7/8 pin socket underneath were a row of soldering points that took the cables for the various functions such as MG. Turret Elevation/Rotation, Lights, Main Gun.
The upside is that the latest board has more sockets so their is less soldering, :thumbup: unfortunately the new boards sockets do not carry the same functions as the earlier boards. :thumbdown:
EDIT The different Daughter Boards can be bought from Dave at ---
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
and
Dom at -----
http://www.rctank.de/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Heng Long”