Taigen recoil turret on HL

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Steve100
Recruit

Re: Taigen recoil turret on HL

Post by Steve100 »

Ah yes, it does doesn't it. Maybe all is not lost if there is a solution. Spent most of today researching and drawn a blank. I was certain this would have been encountered frequently as the turrets are not that expensive for an excellent effect. Cheers for the pointers so far :thumbup:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

For back-up servo connection on Taigen,this module is required :thumbup:
https://www.rctank.de/Taigen-Signal-con ... ecoil-unit
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Connection,
White plug,to rihgt: power + /-
3 cards left,servo recul
Point under CI and under white plug,solder 1 wire to inter system shit BB ;)
Steve100
Recruit

Post by Steve100 »

Thanks, this looks interesting. Not sure I understand the last line, where does that wire go to?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
The black wire goes on one of the two wires of the contact shot ball,seems to me that the one more back,to make a test support servo runs permanently ( not good )is with recoil and the OK
Desoled my Inglish,no perfect ( traduction :{
Steve100
Recruit

Post by Steve100 »

Thanks, i shall research this further and see if the board can be bought in the uk. Much appreciated :thumbup:
Steve100
Recruit

Post by Steve100 »

Cracked it. This is how to connect a Taigen bb recoil turret to heng long dual sound electronics. The result is bang, shot and recoil at same time. Still get the track recoil, but i can live with that for now.
Rewire gun exactly the same as stock heng long gun. Remove turret switch and rewire elevator motor the same as heng long motor. This effectively removes the elevator motor from the gun circuitry. Swap the servo single black wire to the gun side of the bb switch. Use the supplied split power lead with servo power connector. Job done.
Now, anyone know how to lose the track recoil? :D
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Post by Maybach 1961 »

Could you take a few pictures...I can do w/o the BB option, right now I have a recoil/flash barrel kit coming my way via dePanzer in Germany. I wanted to use the Taigen turret, but couldn't find a picture tutorial, quick written instruction on how to do the swap. If I could get a solid info on installing the Taigen, might opt for that instead.

Return to “Heng Long”