Turret will not turn

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
zetec
Recruit

Turret will not turn

Post by zetec »

Hi I have a problem with the 2.4GHz electrics on my Taigen Tiger 1 tank I built it from there kit version. I have got the motors to run okay but I can’t get the turret to turn or any of the bits in the turret to work i.e. airsoft gun, lights, gun to go up or down. I have tried several things but nothing. I have rechecked the wiring that’s okay I checked the voltage with a meter were the lead for the turret comes out of the mother board and the needle goes backwards i.e. minus I then checked the pins and the same so I put the probes around the other way and I got a reading of 3 volts? . Also the light on the Transmitter 2.4GHz keeps flashing. The trouble is I have no experience of this type of electrics. The mother board is the type with the fan on the top. A picture of how I have it wired up
same as the manual. Any ideas?
John
P1060821a.jpg
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: Turret will not turn

Post by jimbo_wa »

If the Tx light is flashing, doesn't that mean it's not bound to the Rx?

Can you redo the bind procedure - should be listed in the manual?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The pic shows the MFU with drive leads and main battery input connected up, and little else.
It might sound like a silly question, but did you not connect the 8-pin and other leads from the turret and upper hull to the MFU?
NO connections= no joy. :problem:
2017 Taigen MFU board layout
2017 Taigen MFU board layout
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

In the unlikely event that you omitted to connect the 8-pin and other links from the turret, do try the rebinding procedure here, as suggested by Jimbo.
Above: keep calm, and CARRY on :thumbup: :D You will get there before too long...
phpBB [video]

You could also use some time profitable watching some of Erik's videos (Erik aka 'Taigen Tanks' on YOutube)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
zetec
Recruit

Post by zetec »

Hi I had already tried to rebind it no joy.There is no 8 pin or any other links from the turret just the one lead and it is shown like this in the manual
Attachments
P1060822.JPG
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

zetec wrote:Hi I had already tried to rebind it no joy.There is no 8 pin or any other links from the turret just the one lead and it is shown like this in the manual
:O Well, no wonder it's not working. 8O All you have there is the two pin connector for the airsoft unit in place on the MFU. The Eight pin connector cable governs all the functions in the turret and must be connected to the eight-pin slot on the board/MFU, and from there to the daughter board (normally fitted to the roof of the upper hull. Did you not get an eight-pin connector cable with the kit?
The eight-pin slot is marked 'H' on the diagram above. I'll find a pic of a daughter board for you shortly.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes here's what you need. It's the large bundle of communication cables between board and upper hull.Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Right, well the Upper Hull Daughterboard looks something like this:

Did you not get one with the kit? Isn't there one screwed or glued into the upper hull? There should be.. :eh:
Don't worry, we'll get there eventually.. :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Carl, for the cable shot :thumbup:
Roy.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Most welcome Roy, hope that this elusive bit of wiring turns up
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long”