Heng Long smoke unit (2018) proportional wiring

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
tom_tom_go
Recruit

Heng Long smoke unit (2018) proportional wiring

Post by tom_tom_go »

The new units, can they be wired up for proportional control or do they require additonal electronics?

This would need to work with a standard Rx and ESC and not be plugged into a circuit board in an existing tank that I suspect would have the ability to provide proportional control?

Cheers,

Tom
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Heng Long smoke unit (2018) proportional wiring

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Proportional 'Tarr' units generally need to be connected, in some manner, to the gearbox motors, Tom. I imagine the same principle would probably apply to the latest HL units, but I've no experience of their most recent iterations. I've only used 'Tarr' models lately. :|
For interest's sake, you might be interested in these older (but still informative) threads:
viewtopic.php?t=12741
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8027
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks Roy, just read those two posts and have now ordered three little fans lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tom_tom_go
Recruit

Post by tom_tom_go »

Thanks for those links Roy.

There is a circuit board to upgrade the non-proportional smoker into one but doesn't seem to be available.

I think I will have a go at making it proportional myself.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, If you go to
http://www.rctank.de/smoke-unit-upgrade ... onal-smoke
they have a "Smoke Unit Upgrade Board Proportional Smoke" at 7.95Euros Plus Postage for sale.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tom_tom_go
Recruit

Post by tom_tom_go »

jarndice wrote:Hi, If you go to
http://www.rctank.de/smoke-unit-upgrade ... onal-smoke
they have a "Smoke Unit Upgrade Board Proportional Smoke" at 7.95Euros Plus Postage for sale.
Thanks, however, from testing with the TARR proporitonal board (they look like they use the same components) this won't work in my (I am using different components to the tanks most of you buy).

Hopuefully, the board Ian (Tankbear) is working on will so I may buy another one for this unit although I am also interested in converting it into an accoustic smoker as it is far smaller in size and doesn't have a noisy motor pump!

Return to “Heng Long”