HL tiger upgrades

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
pvt. pyle
Recruit

HL tiger upgrades

Post by pvt. pyle »

Ok so I dove into this hobby without any planning as I usually do when I take on a new hobby! So with that being said I am now remodeling my home “office “ with a custom work bench just for my tanks and somewhere to work on them. As the kitchen table covered in tank parts and paint is not working out to well. I took apart project #1 a early HL plastic tiger I scored off eBay, plan is to white wash and make a Russian front tiger commanded by MW, real original I know but I have to start somewhere, I already purchased the metal tracks, mud flaps , smoke grenade holders -mine were missing. I need to toughen this thing up as reading the threads in the forums these are bad in throwing tracks, I have already broke a HL panther metal track in less than an hour of use. So my questions are , with all the options out there what is the most reliable electronics upgrades? I need smoke and sound , and is it possible to retrofit infrared systems in the HL airsofts ? I saw where the bottom end of suspension needs to be upgraded also? I will load some pics when I get farther along . I can order all the parts now and wait for them to come in while I build my workstation. I’ve been looking online and find a lot of dead links to parts suppliers. I was referred to imex RC since I am here in the states, I just wanted some more opinions before I call them.
Thanks
jarndice
Colonel

Re: HL tiger upgrades

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Every Heng Long Tiger 1 that I have the first thing I bought was a Taigen Metal Hull,
It is an easy swap and has the advantage of having a quick release so no more messing with multiple screws but just a simple flick of a lever mounted under the rear mudwing/fender it will come with the suspension already fitted and depending how much you want to spend it will include metal wheels,metal sprockets and idlers and metal tracks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
pvt. pyle
Recruit

Post by pvt. pyle »

Ahhh good to know they interchange like that, I wondered about doing that , thanks for the tip, so look on eBay it is there somewhere else? Any vendors on the forums I need to support?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I would love a Taigen metal hull for my HL Tiger project. I’m also interested in where to buy one.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dave at -------
www.forgebeartanks.com
exports to the USA and is a member of this Forum with a brilliant reputation and is amongst other things an accredited Taigen agent.
Highly recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I think I just bought the last one. This rc tank hobby has a deep bite on me right now. Resistance is futile!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:I think I just bought the last one. This rc tank hobby has a deep bite on me right now. Resistance is futile!
:clap: :clap: fantastic :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
pvt. pyle
Recruit

Post by pvt. pyle »

I ordered the metal hull with the 5:1 gearboxes and a set of metal wheels. I need electronics next, yes I am infected also, I have a brand new HL panzer I have not even run yet and I am buying parts for an old tank.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When you say the metal wheels I hope that includes the idlers and sprockets as well.
pvt. pyle
Recruit

Post by pvt. pyle »

I had already bought the metal tracks and sprockets,idlers. Just waiting on it all to come in now

Return to “Heng Long”