HL and different transmitter

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Dark46
Lance Corporal

HL and different transmitter

Post by Dark46 »

Can you use a different transmitter with a RX18 board other than the on that's supplied with the model?
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL and different transmitter

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Dark46,

You can use a replacement transmitter of the same type with the Rx18 board if yours is broken and you need to replace it, you will need to bind it to the board though, as for using aftermarket transmitters only on the newer type taigen boards can you use your own transmitter by plugging in a receiver to the board :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, If you can find a "MAKO" unit you will be able to use your RX 18 with an after Market transmitter,
They were first sold by RCTA and later Ian (TANKBEAR) sold them but I do not know if they are still available,
In truth If you are after a cheap upgrade to your control board I would convert to a TAIGEN V2/V3 from Dave at Forgebear which will give you a choice to run the board from a Taigen Transmitter or an aftermarket transmitter.
The latest H L Boards are not at all bad for the price but the early RX Boards were only an introduction to our hobby for they were lacking in anything more than motion and very basic sound effects.
The single advantage of the RX18 was its small size but the CLARK 22 board fits in the same space and is a world of improvement as is the ASP board of similar size,
The IBU 2/3 boards are slightly bigger but a world of difference better.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Cheers guys that helps . Will solve a lot of problems until I sort out a few things.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm

Return to “Heng Long”