Different Build Quality with Heng Long.

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
rogueone
Recruit

Different Build Quality with Heng Long.

Post by rogueone »

Hi folks,

So I got my second 1/16 tank in from heng long with a new Sherman. It's not a bad model from my tiger and seems pretty cool but the electronics were a big difference from my first purchase. The transmitter has different contacts in the battery box and it's actually hard to get batteries in or out! Instead of springs for the batteries it has some tabs and it just doesn't work well.

It's not a bad thing because I've decided to upgrade this Sherman and use the tiger for playing! I purchased a clark unit from a local supplier....support the locals....and I'll upgrade it for some experience with the electronics first then mechanics second.

Everything else seems cool so it's not all bad but just found it interesting that there was such a big difference with the physical properties of the transmitters! For the price I'm not complaining and upgrading to a different transmitter will be better anyways. Just surprised at the difference! I guess that is modern economics!

Paul.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Different Build Quality with Heng Long.

Post by RobW »

There are also about 3 different 2.4GHz sets and still some of the older 27MHz units for sale. This makes bargain hunting a little more difficult than it ought to be.....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

There is a hobby expo on in Redbank plains mate. This weekend. QHME. (Queensland Hobby & Model Expo)
Im going to be there all day on Sunday, we have a tank-walk up.
The club is there all day Saturday, but Im only there from 1200 to 1530 so I can make it home to see the All Blacks play.
Bring your gear along if you want, I can have a look over it & see if anything needs tweeking :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
rogueone
Recruit

Post by rogueone »

There is a hobby expo on in Redbank plains mate. This weekend. QHME. (Queensland Hobby & Model Expo)
Mate. Have some plans unfortunately but I'd be keen if it was a bit closer. I'm an hour from Brissie North so It'd be a long journey for me from up here. Let me know if you do any of these events I'd love to come see some decent gear! Good luck with your show! I'm glad you get out there and show off your gear!
There are also about 3 different 2.4GHz sets and still some of the older 27MHz units for sale.
Well this is the same style controller but it's just rubbish compared to first one! The holes to put the sticks into the transmitter are too small/sticks too large and they don't even fit! I think upgrading the rc gear was a plan anyways but it's an annoying thing! As I say, I shouldn't be complaining for the price but it's just not even in the same league of a basic, functional controller.
rogueone
Recruit

Post by rogueone »

rogueone wrote:
Mate. Have some plans unfortunately but I'd be keen if it was a bit closer. I'm an hour from Brissie North so It'd be a long journey for me from up here. Let me know if you do any of these events I'd love to come see some decent gear! Good luck with your show! I'm glad you get out there and show off your gear!
There are also about 3 different 2.4GHz sets and still some of the older 27MHz units for sale.
Well this is the same style controller but it's just rubbish compared to first one! The holes to put the sticks into the transmitter are too small/sticks too large and they don't even fit! I think upgrading the rc gear was a plan anyways but it's an annoying thing! As I say, I shouldn't be complaining for the price but it's just not even in the same league of a basic, functional controller.
rogueone
Recruit

Post by rogueone »

Btw. I think I'm doing the quoting wrong! I just hit quote and pasted some copied text in between the quote. Is there a better way of doing this so I can acknowledge the responder! Sorry to be such a newbie! Thanks. Paul.

Return to “Heng Long”