Challenger recoil

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Challenger recoil

Post by rayzzer-b »

Hi all ,on working on my chally at weekend I found installing the HL recoil unit a pain it malfunction giving out a hell of a noise an stuttering the power to Rx bord ,,, now I have fitted this unit to all my previous tanks with just the usual small problems,,, now on looking over the upper hull 8pin it has a modified plug arrangement i.e. A 3 pin plug for lighting and mg , a 2 pin for turret rotation, a 2 pin for gun elevation, a 2 pin for BB gun ,,, now the BB gun sharing its power supply with the lights?.. and working ok apart from a power drop on the lights ,,,, so on installing the recoil motor it had the problem just didn't like it ,,, I modified the bb unit to recoil and it works but still the power drop on the lights ????? so why ????.. the new version shared it power to the bb unit with lights ,,,ok,,, the old version shared its power from the elevation motor ,,ok,, but now on the new new version of electronics the connection to elevation motor is no longer available because the motor is working same as turret rotation motor both ways left right ,,, up down on elevation motor ,,,, so my question how to get a power supply to the recoil unit ????? The motors on bb unit and recoil unit are totally different size and shape,,,, I don't want to be modifying bb unit every time I don't like it it's too big for some applications and very noisy,, I prefer the HL recoil unit design for the job,,, it's just we're to get the power supply to the recoil motor? if someone can help with this much appreciated,Ray
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Re: Challenger recoil

Post by rayzzer-b »

Ohh forgot to mention I have anti track unit installed that is working fine,,,,
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Re: Challenger recoil

Post by rayzzer-b »

I worked it out the two pin connection on the upper hull 8 pin wirers are connected as normal in the two pin socket but the black is positive and red negative,, so i swapped them around now the black is negative ok ,,,,, the red for the positive i connect to the smoke unit,,and all is working well,,

Return to “Heng Long”