HL Panzer III TK-RX13 Options Help Needed

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
MBPanzer
Recruit

HL Panzer III TK-RX13 Options Help Needed

Post by MBPanzer »

Hi all,

I first want to apologize for asking this question. I've searched this forum, and I'm sure the answers are here,
but I'm afraid being new to the electronic board names, numbers, I'm overwhelmed with info. My issue is that I have a Heng Long
Panzer III It's old. it has a TK-RX13 in it. I just want to get it upgraded to a 2.4 radio system. I've read here where, I cant use the HL
2.4 conversion kit without a lot of re soldering/wiring? I'd like to keep the conversion as simple as possible, although I realize that might not be the cheapest way. I'm at a loss as how to proceed. :crazy: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,
Attachments
TK-RX13.jpg
TK-RX13.jpg (47.55 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: HL Panzer III TK-RX13 Options Help Needed

Post by wibblywobbly »

It will cost a little more, but transform your tank. Think about fitting a Clark TK22. You will need a 4 channel 2.4ghz tx, but they are pretty cheap, and you can use the same tx for all of your tanks.
The cost of an HL 2.4ghz tx and an RX18 is going to cost almost as much, and the tank won't be much better than it is now.

They are easy to install, though you will have to solder HL plugs on the end of the wires that are in the tank, but you would have to do that whichever route you take.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi MB,
To convert your Panzer111 to 2.4 GhZ will cost before postage $102.65 and I promise that it is probably about the cheapest you will be able to convert to 2.4 GhZ and at the same time the most upto date.
Go to---
www.forgebeartanks.com
Click on Store then click on Electrical,
The top left hand corner item is what you are after,
It is a Complete Boxed Taigen 2.4 GhZ Transmitter with a V2 Control Board an Upgraded Speaker, a Sound Module, (Do specify Panzer 4) Wiring and an instruction sheet,
Label every pair of cables that are soldered to your hard wired Control Board then using a soldering iron detach the cables from the board,
Set the board aside you will no longer have need of it,
READ THE INSTRUCTION SHEET and check each socket on the V2 board to make sure you know what goes where then with the new cables with their plugs at one end pre-fitted, solder your labelled Cables to the new correct cables free ends as per the Instructions ,
The Speaker and the Sound Module can be plugged into the V2 straight away without any more work,
It will transform your old PZ111 into one that is as upto date as anything on sale right now,
Dave (Forgebear) Exports across the world and is a trusted Dealer and member of this Forum, :thumbup: :thumbup:
As members of the European Union (For Now) all dealings are taxed 19% VAT,
As a Resident of the USA the tax does not apply to you so that your postal charges will make the upgrade because it is Tax Free about the same price as it would cost a European Purchaser paying Tax AND Postage.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think I might have made a small mistake,
The cables with the Taigen boxed upgrade are not the ones to connect to your PZ111 Cables you need to go to ---
www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk
Click on Upgrade parts for Heng Long and Taigen Tanks then click on Misc including Electronic Parts you want the 2.4 GhZ Cable set for Heng Long and Taigen at £4.99==$7
Sorry about the confusion.
Shaun.
MBPanzer
Recruit

Post by MBPanzer »

Wibblywobbly, Shaun,
Thank you very much for the information! it is very helpful, and has definitely got me headed in the right direction.
I do like the ability to have one radio for multiple tanks. What are the chances I'll get more tanks, right? :haha:
I wonder, with the Taigen set, can I also have multiple tanks on one radio?
tanks,
Mike
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mike,
The beauty of the Taigen 2.4 GhZ V2 Package is that it is unique in being able to work using the Taigen Transmitter that is in the box or by using the Futaba Cables that are also included with the V2 control board and the sound module and speaker you can hook up your own Receiver to the V2 Control Board and use your own Transmitter so of course you can run as many Tanks as you have Channels and receivers
I do really recommend the system. :thumbup:
Shaun.
MBPanzer
Recruit

Post by MBPanzer »

I definitely need to be able to use on multiple tanks. :clap: I also have this Tauch Panzer III that is 10+ years old,
but has the original 72 MHz radio, and still works good, but is a little jerky on the controls.
Attachments
Tauch Pz.JPG
MBPanzer
Recruit

Post by MBPanzer »

( contacted Taigen today, and they said they are on back order form most of all the electronic systems :(

Return to “Heng Long”