How do I eliminate

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Re: How do I eliminate

Post by Norton1 »

LOL - now why am I not surprised?!?! Thanks Carl - I just sent a message off to rcelectronics to see if they have something that will work. I swear I will not tear another tank apart. Well until I find one I guess -

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Steve this little beauty will work...

https://www.rctankelectronics.com/store ... O2017.html
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Just check to make sure it's compatible with the newest rx18
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just catching up on your tale of woe, Steve. The instructions stated that the unit is only compatible with HL's RX14 and RX18 boards. There's no mention of a compatibility issue with later versions of the board. I guess this might be because the anti-recoil unit was produced before Heng Long updated their MFU's. :thumbdown:
I'm not familiar with this unit, nor its foibles...but it might be worth contacting Tank-modellbau to query the no-go issue with a later board.
In principle, dismantling model tanks can be an immersive (even addictive) process, so long as the tank anatomist is able to reassemble it as an enhanced and better functioning beast.
Now and then, upgrades don't fit, or don't work as they are supposed to ('supposed' being the key word). Don't be disheartened. It's early days yet..... and there a much bigger hills to climb in the hobby,
with great views once you get there :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Well - it is what it is. I had no idea that the rx-18 I received was an updated version. I have emailed Tank-Modellbau but I suspect they will not be much help. They only communicate in German and that makes it difficult. I'm not to worried about it as it will be fine. The unit carl is showing me is a pretty fancy deal and I might be able to use some of it to enhance other things. The barrel flash might be nice and I could use the former aiming port light as that. The directions on the unit says that it may or may not disable the track recoil. For $40 I can always try it. Lord knows I have more money than that in junk parts just working on fixing a BB issue in a Panzer "G" model. I will make sure the unit will work with the latest rx-18 before I send off money ;D

But it is fun and I am on a learning curve like crazy. I know nearly nothing about electronics and it is a steep curve!! My main project is coming along nicely I think and with the recoil gone I will like it even more. The KT could be in primer this week. Yee haa!!

Thanks again for all the superb advice! And assistance!!

Steve
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

RC said it will work so I ordered one. Dang shipping is a killer! But it will be worth it I think.

Thanks again folks,Steve
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ian is a great source for Rc electronics. Tops in my book. You're in good hands

Return to “Heng Long”