Smoker stuff - grrrrrr

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Smoker stuff - grrrrrr

Post by Norton1 »

Well I have attempted to rebuild the smokers, I have 2, one original that burnt up, and a new one the seller sent to me, and it works for a bit and then crashed. I apparently sparked a revolution as now the smoker switch won't turn the power off to the smoker/pump unit. As soon as there is power to the tank, the on/off switch, there is power to the smoker outlet on the rx18 board. Switched main batteries to see if it was a power related issue but no deal there. I do recall a tiny spark when I was messing with the solder board just prior to things going bad on it.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume I blew some little tiny thing on the main board, everything else works fine, so a new board? Shoot - if I hadn't done so much work to the fuel inlet I would bag the smoker but determination has set in. Or is that frustration? HA!

Anyone in the states that sells the rx18 board for the HL? The UK is a couple weeks out, although I do have a lot of work to do on the tank before it is an issue.

Sorry for the diatribe - just really frustrated me on this thing. Power to the little solder board female plug is 8 v and the backside of it where it plugs in is 1 v. I am confused by that also. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Be well -
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
MARK 7
Recruit

Re: Smoker stuff - grrrrrr

Post by MARK 7 »

Hi there,
I've just read your post about not being able to turn smoke unit off, no-one responded to this issue ?
I have exactly the same problem, my smoke unit 'died' after only a couple of days, so I installed a new one which smokes well, but doesn't switch off unless you turn the main on/off switch on underside of tank, did you find out what the problem was ? it's driving me 'bl***y' bonkers. :-<
MARK 7
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Not sure why the switch will not turn the board to the smoker in and off unless the switch is stuck on. I'm not Very fond of Heng Long stock smokers so I usually replace them with Tarr smokers and all is good to go :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MARK 7
Recruit

Post by MARK 7 »

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a fiddle with it, see if I can sort it.
MARK 7

Return to “Heng Long”