Tiger airsoft gun (no power to the motor)

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Slot racer
Recruit

Tiger airsoft gun (no power to the motor)

Post by Slot racer »

Before I admit defeat I thought I’d ask an expert to why the airsoft gun isn’t working. It’s got a rx 18 unit with sound (I’ve since replaced this in the hope that was the issue) I’ve taken the turret apart and powered up the gun with my bench power supply. And everything works as it should. There doesn’t seem to be a voltage coming from the rx 18 though when I metered it out I’m starting to give up with it. Please help.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tiger airsoft gun (no power to the motor)

Post by jarndice »

We have a particular form of introduction to the Forum,
We would first like you to tell us a little about your self and your location and any particular reason why you got into this madness that we call R/C Armour,
There is an introduction Yourself page for you,
I wait with interest your first Hallo.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Richard if you look at the top right hand side of this page you will see the search box,
Type "Airsoft Gun" Into the box and click and you may well find the answer to your problem,
We are a worldwide Forum so someone with the answer to your problem may be on the other side of the world and so not up and about just yet,
The RX18 has evolved over the years and an old model may be incompatible with a newer Tank,
Heng Long/Taigen/Torro wiring is quite frankly RUBBISH, indeed wiring diagrams showing a particular colour of wiring could be a totally different colour wire on your tank. !!!
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There's a red on on/off (safety) switch in the airsoft circuitry. Usually, it's located in the cupola, but can be elsewhere. Have you checked to see whether it's on? Sometimes the most obvious solution is the hardest to see. :think:
Here's the wiring diagram for airsoft (Taigen in this instance), but the guns are pretty identical.
Wiring diagram for Airsoft
Wiring diagram for Airsoft
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long”