T90 RX18 Wiring Diagram

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
wibblywobbly
Major

T90 RX18 Wiring Diagram

Post by wibblywobbly »

After ten minutes with a multimeter I managed to unravel the wiring for the RX18 that is fitted to the T90. As this board has realistic Tiger/Leopard 2A6 sounds it is ideal for retrofitting to older tanks.

In order to fit it, you will need the new style transmitter, the new RX18, and the new socket that goes on the underside of the upper hull.
Attachments
IMG_20170809_175038.jpg
IMG_20170809_175038.jpg (52.35 KiB) Viewed 22947 times
T90 RX18 Wiring Diagram.png
T90 RX18 Wiring Diagram.png (52.33 KiB) Viewed 22947 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Re: T90 RX18 Wiring Diagram

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fabulous work Mr Wibbly like you have just translated some ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics for as mere mortals on the forum. Now that's some serious detective work

Thank you!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well done sir :thumbup: :clap:

So, now I have to buy a couple of new T90's for the electrics to put in my old leopard and tiger?!

Then do something similar to what Mr Bix did to a T34 to the T90's for a modern battle field. . . . .

Were T90's used in the gulf?

Mick.
In the Gulf? No, I don't think so. Iraqi forces used T72's, and older T-series. However, the T-90 -as I understood- is basically a T-72 with a tuned engine, advanced counter measures, laser dazzlers, Anti IR thingies, and more advanced reactive armor bricks. Oh, and a remote control AA machine gun on the turret.

The HL T-90 under the fancy reactive armour bricks, uses a cast looking turret, like the older models, so, to a layman like me, with a bit of ingenuity, they can be made to look like Iraqi T-72's me thinks.

By the by, licmas panzer in Germany now has the 4th gen controller in stock. €39.- without p&p. You only need one transmitter of the 4th generation. The controller binds pretty easily to any 4th gen TX, I discovered.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Plug into CN3 - Well that makes my tank shoot, recoil, and make a loud noise!! Thanks Sir!!

Now just how to wire the recoil remover in.

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

Hi on my challenger the 8 pin upper hull connection i have 9 wirers connected to it a 3 pin for lights and mg,a2 pin for a,soft,a 2 pin for elevation,a 2 pin for rotation, the a,soft positive is connected or link to the positive from the lights it is not a straight fit or change over you have to look at the solder contact under Neath the 8 pin board ,, pin six the green wire is positive to lights and mg,,plus supply to a,soft, i have connected my recoil unit positive to smoke unit,plus negative is to 8 pin this work better as no interfering with lights as before,,
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

wibblywobbly wrote:After ten minutes with a multimeter I managed to unravel the wiring for the RX18 that is fitted to the T90. As this board has realistic Tiger/Leopard 2A6 sounds it is ideal for retrofitting to older tanks.

In order to fit it, you will need the new style transmitter, the new RX18, and the new socket that goes on the underside of the upper hull.
Hi I have found that this diagram doesn't match the new system mainly that there is nine wires not eight,,,and the positive at lights is six and so on the picture 6 is 8 and 8 is 6 ,,, plus as I mentioned there is now 9 wires at the 8 pin connection,,,
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL

Return to “Heng Long”