Taigen turret on 2015 heng long wiring help

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
ichinzz94
Recruit

Taigen turret on 2015 heng long wiring help

Post by ichinzz94 »

Hello fellow tankers :)

I know this has been done so many times (so sorry in advance) but my issue is actually to do with the wiring on the new 2015 rx18 in terms of the upper hull connections e.g. 1 x 8 pin and 1 x 3 pin and 1 x 2 pin instead of that little pcb board, to the new taigen recoil turret (purchased from welshdragonmodels.com). I have connected it all how i think it should be including soldering the earth onto the ground of the on/off switch but when powered up and started the turret simply goes up and down with no other controls -.- i am new to all of this and have an ok understanding of electronics but im stumped. My main issues is how to connect the upper hull to the lower hull with that 8 pin cable to the 8 pin connector as have you have to re wire certain wires and have read that sone circuits share connections haha to much for me :crazy: if anyone could please help i would be grateful :)

If you wish to see pictures i will upload some,

many thanks Mike
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Re: Taigen turret on 2015 heng long wiring help

Post by BeavistheCat »

Mike did you ever get this sorted?
I have exactly the same problem, which has been dogging me for weeks now. In fact I am now on my third turret. Bizarrely, one that worked perfectly a few weeks ago when connected to the HL MFU, did the same silly beggars when connected via the "modded" hull connector it will eventually be connected to. Clearly there something awry with my Hull wiring, but it all appears OK. It is a long story as to why I need to use another hull, which involves a Turret centralisation mod. If, and when, I get everything sorted I will post details of the mod - once it has all be completed and I have finished the Befehls detailing.
Cheers, Tony
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

I've got the same issue with a KV 2 turret.

The 3-wire plug from turret to hull controls gun elevation & recoil. Those wires needed swapping around on mine (gun wouldn't fire as positive & negative were backwards). Still don't have IR & strobe working (but also not looked in 2 months....). Don't most of the 8-pin wires cover the turret rotation hull MG etc? It's the 5-wire plugs that may need more investigation.
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Post by BeavistheCat »

Thanks Rob. I will investigate when I get time. Lights and Hull Machine gun all work OK.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

This subject has come up before....Bottom line...for the most part HL and Taigen just don't match together

Good Luck Gents :thumbup:

ALPHA
RobW

Post by RobW »

BeavistheCat wrote:Thanks Rob. I will investigate when I get time. Lights and Hull Machine gun all work OK.
As do mine as they're all on the HL bit. I'll try and take a pic of the 3-pin plug tonight. May narrow down the possible combinations of wires!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I live in the UK and I ordered an ASP control board from RCTA (Australia) on the 30 November, it arrived this morning 7 December!!! :clap: :clap:
Going through the different plug fittings all of the HENG LONG Sockets/Plugs are also for TAIGEN Sockets/Plugs,
This might just be a true plug and play, :thumbup:
WARNING it comes complete with wiring and plugs, indeed all you need EXCEPT any instructions of where everything fits. :thumbdown:
What I have just finished doing is printing off the ASP page from the shop site which has all the sockets noted.
shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW

Post by RobW »

If you manage to figure out which Taigen 5-wired wires go where it'd be really useful!
RobW

Post by RobW »

Not sure it'll be much help, but at least should assist in placing the red wire.....
Attachments
kv2-taigen.jpg
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Post by BeavistheCat »

OK, finally got to have a fiddle with brand new IR Turret (thanks Steve at WDM). Connected the 3 pin JST as per usual. Tried Turret Elevation - it worked. Tried Gun fire: had the Recoil motor activated AND Elevation. Clearly the wiring on the 3 pin side of the Taigen turret must be different to the HL RX18. Anyone any ideas? I turned it off PDQ, as I burnt out the wiring on one Turret already....... :crazy:

Return to “Heng Long”