RX 18 wiring??

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RX 18 wiring??

Post by MichaelC »

The barrel flash/LED usually are hard wired to the 8 pin board, so it is interesting that it is a 2 pin plug coming out of the barrel. I am pretty sure all you have to do is plug it into the PIN 1/2 of CN3 to make the flash work. The plug won't going in, and what you will have to do is take a box cutter and facing the plug with the two arrow notch point down, slice out the one notch on the right side. Once you do that the 2 PIN plug will go into the left two pins of CN3. You can always just jam it in and make sure the pins are lined up, but slicing out the notch is more elegant in a pinch.

If you resize the pic to under 350k you will be able to post it when you open up the full editor. Its probably safer if you can post the pics first. Sorry can be more help, my stock wiring knowledge is a little rusty so do this at your own risk, although if it is the flash LED there shouldn't be any damages done.
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

it the 2 wires at the back of gun
Attachments
100_0902.jpg
100_0902.jpg (81.35 KiB) Viewed 15701 times
100_0902.jpg
100_0902.jpg (81.35 KiB) Viewed 15701 times
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Its not the flash but the micro switch for triggering the track recoil I believe. Is your tank a Airsoft BB ? Did the tank rock when you fire the Airsoft/BB before ? It should still go into CN3 but to the track recoil and not the flash. So it is either PIN 3/4 or 4/5. I have to look again.
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

yes tank rocks back when i fire
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Okay, I think all you need to do is plug it into the last two (Right 2 pins of the 5) pins on CN3. Since it is just a contact it really doesn't matter which ones goes where. If you want to make it more permanent, you can do the cutting the notch thing on the 2 pin plug, but in this case since you are plugging it into the right side, you will need to cut the left down arrow notch when you looking at the notches. Just jam it into the right two pin first to make sure everything is working before anything else.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

I'm trying to figure the wiring out for a KV so I can swap the turret to a KV2. I think I can trace the wiring from this http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/uploads ... 7_orig.jpg to figure out what pin does what (the main problem is the connector to top left of centre). This includes putting connectors in place of the soldered joint. So hopefully can't blow the RX board up.
kv-hull-sm.jpg
However, is there an easy way to ID which of the 5 pin plugs is related to the two sockets on the board?
kv-turret.jpg
I will be using a Multimeter.....

Once it all works I've got a recoil limiter board to fit..... If I get one of these sets http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-JST-XH-con ... 35bb705e62 can I put female on both ends of the slip wires and use the male one to connect the turret female plug to the slip ring female plug?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi rob,

5 pin with heat shrink on wires is for IR

5 pin with a small 2 pin plug goes into flash

3 pin needs to go to the small square pcb on the lid near the 8 way socket.

Thick wire to battery negative.

And in the turret there is a switch which turns recoil off, so make sure it's on so it all works when wired up.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
RobW

Post by RobW »

Thanks. I thought the thick wire was for the aerial as it's the same connector as the one in the hull? There isn't one in the KV1 turret.

What does the 3-pin do? Any idea how to ID which black wires to pair up?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

The thick wire does use same plug as the aerial and then to confuse people more their use red wire. To connect to the negative!

The 3 pin is for recoil, elevation, common positive, your tank lid has these three wires on the small square PCB. Unfortunately tanks I’ve had have never followed a set colour means X, so you’ll have to trace the wires back to the plug and work out from diagrams.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
RobW

Post by RobW »

Just to confirm - these are the connectors for the RX board etc? Any recommendations for crimp tools, or are pliers OK?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-JST-XH-co ... 35c5350801

Return to “Heng Long”