RX 18 wiring??

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
thebronze
Recruit

RX 18 wiring??

Post by thebronze »

I'm in the process of converting My non S&S tiger 1 to RX 18 IR S&S and have a few Questions.

1. Where does the IR signal reciever "apple" get plugged into??

2. Where do I solder the antenna wire??

3. Where does the IR emitter go??

4. Where can I buy the plugs for the RX 18 board?? My Tiger all the connection we're soldered on. I need the ones for the battery/on/off switch , Volume control and speaker.

I bought the complete kit from Mato an unfortunatley there are no destructions.  ...so...I have the basics but am stuck on where the IR plugs in and what wire to use for the "apple" and where the "high tension flasher" plugs in.

Thanx in advance
I don't know what makes em work...I just drive em
HL Tiger 1...Non S&S converted to IR S&S. metal suspension arms and spigots, metal tracks, metal drive wheels and idlers
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RX 18 wiring??

Post by fv432 »

heres where the antenna fixes too care of wacky

you need the blitz for the rest of it im afraid

the plugs for the motors should be with the kit and are the thicker wires

if you need spare plugs try bill at rc command or even mato again
Jakeand
Private

Post by Jakeand »

Maybe this...
thebronze
Recruit

Post by thebronze »

No...The "Complete Kit"  I bought from MATOMART does not come with the required cables...The one for the apple is missing and a few others...so???
HL Tiger 1...Non S&S converted to IR S&S. metal suspension arms and spigots, metal tracks, metal drive wheels and idlers
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

get hold of mato mart they arent the "complete kit" imho

Forgebear here in the uk sells RX18s with all cabling and im guessing the apple wiring comes with the RX18
may be wrong and it comes with the apple not sure on that one ;) ;D
thebronze
Recruit

Post by thebronze »

Well it looks like the RX 18 they sold Me is dead..  :'( I contacted them and was told "no warrenty"  ??? So I don't know what else to do...My order was missing the metal gearboxes I ordered too ???
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

try bill at http://www.rccommand.com he is in the States or try the Blitz at http://www.rctankwars.com/default.asp he is also in the USA
Last edited by BREL on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebronze
Recruit

Post by thebronze »

I'm trying to get Mato to cover their parts....There's power to the board...but nuthin :'(
I'm in Canada so I'm hoping Matomart will step up and stand behind their parts
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

bought mine from RCcommand. worked fine. no instructions. I think it was around 40$ w/IR.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I had the same problem with an RX18, it just went dead after a couple of hours use. Mato should replace it, I have no idea about the consumer laws in Canada but it seems crazy that they can sell you a faulty product and walk away?

Doing an IR conversion using an RX18 is not a simple process. The standard IR equipped tanks are wired using shared circuits, so you will need to figure out what those are.

If you can get hold of an RX18 complete with all plugs and connectors you will be halfway there, but although Forgebear sells the RX18's with the cables, you still need at least two sockets to plug them into.

I am not too impressed with the RX18 to be honest, it gets hot unless you cut the case to allow air through and mount it with an air gap above and below. The older RX14 was a rugged little beastie, I have one in my Bulldog and it runs Graupner 400's, no fan, and has never let me down despite some serious abuse. It even stripped the teeth on a pair of gears and still didn't blow?

Rob G

Return to “Heng Long”