RX 18 wiring??

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: RX 18 wiring??

Post by jarndice »

ROB Hi, If you go to "TIPS & TRICKS" and scroll down 9 lines you will see a tip on a particular set of "WIRE STRIPPERS" :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Thanks Shaun.

I've got a good set of wire strippers from re-wiring the Land Rover (makes the tank look very complex). It's crimp tool & confirmation on the connectors are right before I buy a load!
spreaders1946
Recruit

Post by spreaders1946 »

Hi All, totally stuck as I no nothing at all about anything rc, have been modelling for quite a few years but only 1/16 static tanks, just recently had a 1/16 Heng Long Sherman given, so decided to re paint it, on striping it do found two loose wires cumming from the turret one with a 3 pin plug and one with a 2 pin plug (seem to be cumming from the gun, this is a BB tank, can anyone help as to where these connectors go on the RX18. Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
spreaders1946
Dubar
Recruit

Post by Dubar »

I have a MKIV F2 Panzer (27Mhz) that had the same two plugs. The 2-pin plug was for turret rotation motor and the 3-pin plug was for gun elevation and firing. Both went on a small board located on the upper hull.

I have since converted it with a 2.4Ghz kit I got off Amazon and have had a heck of a time getting things rewired. The wire color sequence was nothing like others have shown. I got it all working, except gun elevation (I think I have a blown component on the main board). I even got gun sound and recoil, and this unit didn't even come with a micro switch!!!

From what little I've read and witnessed, there's no conformity to how these things are wired. If your Sherman still has the 27Mhz unit you might be good to go, but if you're trying to install any of the 2.4Ghz units try to determine which revision the unit is.
RobW

Post by RobW »

Just to add to the fun....

Taigen T34 upper hull & turret. I'm assuming the disconnected blue wire in the 360 rotation is for the battery negative. But, any ideas why the mg light behaves as the headlamp & vice versa? I've swapped the two end wires round & it didn't change anything...... MG sound effects work with the headlamp flashing.
RobW

Post by RobW »

To add, I've disconnected both negatives from the end of the 8-pin and the MG is still live (in theory the 3 end wires green, white & orange should all need to be connected.

Edit:
To wrap this up. The plug on the board end was OK, the plug at the other end was wired backwards. Swapping the red & black (supposed to be turret rotation) solved the problem.....
Stephenpanzer3
Recruit

Post by Stephenpanzer3 »

Hi all I'm new to this group and need some information, I have a very old Heng Long RC Panzer III with bb functionality.
The airsoft bb unit stopped working so I pull it apart,bad idea,but that's another story.
I decided it was best to start upgrading the tank, so I purchased a new transmitter & mfu,a smoke unit & a new complete gun turret.
My issue is that while the old gun turret had wires solger into an 8 pin connector & had at most 2 connections 1 to raise and lower the gun & 1 to shoot the bb balls, the new turret came with 5 connector.
I have the wiring schematic for the mfu but have no idea which connector is which on the gun turret.
Does anyone have a list or diagram of what each connector would do so I can plug them in to the correct sockets on the mfu,thanks in advance. I have tried to upload photos as an attachment but they are not showing in my post, can I add photos some other way
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Your question is in a, how shall I say, "long dead" thread. Let me see if I can help you get you better attention to your question. For starters, click your way over to the "Introduce Yourself " section viewforum.php?f=42 and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. (Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us.)

Add your question in at the end of your introduction. The introduction (actually a custom here on RCTW) will likely get you more attention so you'll find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too.

Return to “Heng Long”