Simplified rewiring of HL Part 1

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
shangovi
Recruit

Re: Simplified rewiring of HL Part 1

Post by shangovi »

My HL tank did not have a recoiling barrel and hence I tried to change that. I have pictures of the new Taigen full turret as well of my HL board but cannot post them so is there an email or something that I can use to send the pictures?
shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

I think i can upload some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

shangovi
Recruit

Post by shangovi »

john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

The board you have is the Heng long 5.3 board so the on/off switch that came with the turret can be used.

basically you need to wire the BB gun and elevation unit on the taigen turret the same as the heng long turret. So take a look inside the heng long turret and see how its wired and compare the 2 turrets you only need to look at the elevation unit and BB gun motors not the servo and microswitch in the back of the BB gun as they wont need changing.

As you said wiring is not your strong point so before doing anything put the 2 turrets in from of you read through and visualize what needs doing.

on the taigen you have a 3 pin plug for the bb gun and elevation unit on the heng long you have 2-2pin plugs 1 each for bb gun and elevation unit. you can pop the pins out of the plugs to change them over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFB5zhplN2Q 2:45 in shows you how to take them out and put back in. Make a note on the plugs as to what wire came from what side.

The taigen turret red wire on the 3 pin plug is the wire that needs to be changed you will need to remove the red wire from the elevation motor to the on/off switch under the loaders hatch and the red wire from the on/off switch to the bb gun that will leave you with a red wire and black wire to the elevation motor plug those into a 2 pin plug elevation motor done.

The bb gun will have 1 black wire going to it you will need to add a red wire from where you took the wire off from the on/off switch. on the heng long turret bb gun pop the black wire out of the 2 pin plug and de-solder the red wire and solder it to the taigen bb gun where you took the wire off from the on/off switch put the black wire from the bb gun into the 2 pin plug. by not removing the red wire from the 2 pin plug when de-soldering from the heng long turret should keep your polarities the right way round.

Return to “Heng Long”