main switch

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
cowdall2006
Recruit

main switch

Post by cowdall2006 »

Hi could anybody please tell me the how the four wires on the main power switch go. The two blacks and the two reds one has come of but didn't look right anyway thanks .
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: main switch

Post by MichaelC »

If you follow the wires from the battery, the red should terminate at one of the main switch contact, and then the switch end would continue to the red on the two pin connector which feed the power to the RX-18. The black should go straight from the battery to the black on the two pin plug to the power of the RX-18.

I am not too sure how you can get two blacks and two reds, I suppose you can just soldered the two blacks together and only "switch" the reds.
jonger
Lance Corporal

Post by jonger »

HL tend to switch both red and black so both reds go to one end often with a bridge of solder across both terminals and both black go to the centre terminals, this switches on when the switch is across that end of the power switch, its off when its across the black and empty terminals.
If you are planning to fit a charging switch later its worth cleaning it up and re soldering the wires as per the detail in another recent post.
Jonger
cowdall2006
Recruit

Post by cowdall2006 »

Thanks mate
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Long time since this post but would just like to say thank you got a brand new Heng Long Chally 2, charged battery placed it in tank.
didn't work so checked charger charging good. checked battery working good, checked battery connections to tank good all good opened tank found loose wire (Black)
only one black wire into ON/OFF switch.
found this helped immensely
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)

Return to “Heng Long”