Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Post by SimonCornes »

Timbo68 wrote:I have a selection of 6.0 and 6.1s which work extremely well and to my satisfaction. Apart from the ability to switch front and rear lights separately (lost in the 6.I) I would say that I can’t see anything in the 7.0/7.1 which I would choose to spend money on. Controversial?
Totally agree with you. I can’t see any reason to buy a tank with a tk7 or 7.1 - unless it’s a Leo or an Abrams!!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Rattlesnake road wrote:Considering the number of Tiger tanks you would of thought the sound files would of been for the Tiger over the Abraham’s.
It's hard to agree with you as there are many budget MFUs / sound cards with WWII tank sounds, and virtually nothing that resembles modern sounds - including Leopard and Abrams. There was Tamiya, but its price is a nightmare. And the prices of Clark or Elmod do not differ much and are simply too high for many ...
As for HL 7.0 / 7.1, I wrote about it before. It is a pity that in order to improve the sound quality (noticeable on plus only for Leopard) they did not increase the internal memory, or decided to produce the entire MFU family with several different sound packages. But if you don't know what's going on - surely it's about money (production costs and logistics of several MFU variants instead of 1-2 MFU's ) ...
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Timbo68 wrote:I have a selection of 6.0 and 6.1s which work extremely well and to my satisfaction. Apart from the ability to switch front and rear lights separately (lost in the 6.I) I would say that I can’t see anything in the 7.0/7.1 which I would choose to spend money on. Controversial?
Wait a minute ... But you can turn the lights on / off separately (back and front) in TK 6.1 ... Are you sure you have / are using version 6.1?
When it comes to the number of changes that will appear in TK 7.0 / 7.1, there are much more of them than just lights. Which does not change the fact that HL decided to improve what was already pretty good, instead of working on the possibility of adding our own sounds (30sec should be enough). But then their fairly cheap MFU would cease to be Plug and Play and would become almost as expensive and complicated as aftermarket companies such as Clark or Elmod ...
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

Do you know by chance what functions to press to turn off the breaks? I have a 7.0 in my Abrams and would like to play with that setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tanks

Henglong Tiger 1 Early Production
Henglong King Tiger in progress
Henglong Jagdpanther almost complete
Henglong Panzer 4 fresh out of box
Henglong Sherman almost complete
Taigen Tiger 1 Late Production custom build with ELMOD hopefully.
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

abramsky wrote: Wait a minute ... But you can turn the lights on / off separately (back and front) in TK 6.1 ... Are you sure you have / are using version 6.1?.
Absolutely. With my HL 6.1S whatever is plugged into LED3 and LED4 is switched on and off together by the Joystick/button G command. Can’t find the reference (there is one somewhere), but that’s what happens.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

DasPanzer wrote:Do you know by chance what functions to press to turn off the breaks? I have a 7.0 in my Abrams and would like to play with that setting
Try G+V - point 18 of the manual that I added on the previous page (there is the entire manual for TK 7.0 / 7.1 that I managed to get ).
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

Awesome thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tanks

Henglong Tiger 1 Early Production
Henglong King Tiger in progress
Henglong Jagdpanther almost complete
Henglong Panzer 4 fresh out of box
Henglong Sherman almost complete
Taigen Tiger 1 Late Production custom build with ELMOD hopefully.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Timbo68 wrote:
abramsky wrote: Wait a minute ... But you can turn the lights on / off separately (back and front) in TK 6.1 ... Are you sure you have / are using version 6.1?.
Absolutely. With my HL 6.1S whatever is plugged into LED3 and LED4 is switched on and off together by the Joystick/button G command. Can’t find the reference (there is one somewhere), but that’s what happens.
Weird. In mine it works normally in each of the 3 MFUs (6.0, 6.1 and 6.1s).
Try:
G + Left stick Up = front lights (each time stick up - turns the headlights on and off)
G + Left stick Down = rear llights (each time stick down - turns the rear lights on and off)

You will find it in points 1 and 2 in the manual TK 6.0/6.1 ...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The more sophisticated Heng Longs control boards become the less the need for them to offer access to an aftermarket transmitter.
It is already compatible with the Tamiya I/R protocols and it offers the Abrams engine and other sounds without having to download a Micro S/D card first, AND it looks brilliant on the 1/12 HG 806 Low Loader behind the HMMT HG 802 Tractor unit.
Following (Copying :haha: ) Barry Cs work and other like minded builders makes the Abrams a joy just to look at let alone putting it to work :thumbup:
This is not just an informative thread it is an education :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

abramsky wrote:
Timbo68 wrote:
Weird. In mine it works normally in each of the 3 MFUs (6.0, 6.1 and 6.1s).
Try:
G + Left stick Up = front lights (each time stick up - turns the headlights on and off)
G + Left stick Down = rear llights (each time stick down - turns the rear lights on and off)

You will find it in points 1 and 2 in the manual TK 6.0/6.1 ...
Interesting - with mine...

G + Left stick up toggles both front and rear on and off
G + Left stick down toggles joystick control modes.

From reading posts on other forums it appears to be a ‘feature’ of the ‘S’ MFUs. I wish it didn’t work like that, as I can separate front and rear on my 6.0 MFUs, but I can live with it as I like everything else...
Attachments
13722E7F-421A-45E0-AAB0-025C9E574D92.jpeg

Return to “Heng Long”