Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Post by abramsky »

tankme wrote:I was going to buy a 6.1 for my T-72, but maybe I'll wait now until I can get a hold of a 7.1.
I think it's worth waiting a while for the release of 7.1 ( or maybe 7.1s ?) on sale from Toucan Hobby ( eBay ).
7.1 offers much more than 6.1 . The unanswered question is the price. But I don't think it will be higher than at the time of the premiere of TK 6.1 - $ 100 ( I bought from Toucan in 2019 for $ 80 ).
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Added to all of this, HL came out with a couple of new speakers too that are quite good, tbh. I tested both, and the flat one with the extra woofer next to the main speaker is quite amazing, actually. Both new speakers are a serious improvement on the square and round ‘pillboxes’ HL and Taigen Tanks always came with.

https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/Heng-Lon ... tanks.html

I use it in several models now, ( even in a few crawlers with Turnigy sound-and-light modules)it’s not as loud as a well built Visaton, but close, and the bass is rather impressive for such a tiny thing, as is the clarity, without getting shrill in the higher frequencies. The fact that it’s very, vèry compact also helps in more involved builds where a big 8cm 4ohm Visaton cannot be squeezed-in.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

All sounds very good but the reduction in engine sounds to just 2 is strange. They must sell loads of Tiger I's and an Abrams engine sound just isn't going to cut it! I'm also pretty heavily invested in the TK6.0 so I think I'll sit and watch just how well the 7.0 and 7.1 work out in practice.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

It's easy. HL decided to improve the sound quality, leaving the same amount of space in the memory responsible for sounds. As a result, there was only room for the sound packs for the Leopard and Abrams. In my opinion, it would be much better if they decided to build the MFU family, and equip each MFU with one sound package dedicated to a specific tank. And it would be best if we could add and edit them ourselves. But this would significantly complicate the logistics chain and increase the price ... Remember that if you do not know what is going on - probably it is about money.

P.s. I plan to buy TK 7.1 as soon as it hits eBay.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Jay-Em wrote:Added to all of this, HL came out with a couple of new speakers too that are quite good, tbh. I tested both, and the flat one with the extra woofer next to the main speaker is quite amazing, actually. Both new speakers are a serious improvement on the square and round ‘pillboxes’ HL and Taigen Tanks always came with.

https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/Heng-Lon ... tanks.html

I use it in several models now, ( even in a few crawlers with Turnigy sound-and-light modules)it’s not as loud as a well built Visaton, but close, and the bass is rather impressive for such a tiny thing, as is the clarity, without getting shrill in the higher frequencies. The fact that it’s very, vèry compact also helps in more involved builds where a big 8cm 4ohm Visaton cannot be squeezed-in.
Yes. You're right. These tiny speakers sound really good. But they are available from 2019 (from the release date 6.0 / 6.1) so that it is nothing new ;)
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Well.. they weren’t from the shops I usually get my stuff from. Ebay maybe? But I detèst ebay with a vengeance, so, sorry for not being up-to-date.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Yes. eBay is a place where I usually buy safely (I recommend the Toucan Hobby seller). However most HL parts are on Alliexpress and Bangood, but they have a Chinese rules of Buyer Protection Program that I don't trust.
P.s. I know eBay and PayPal on both sides of the barricade and I can say one thing. They only protect buyers. The seller has to be very careful...
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Considering the number of Tiger tanks you would of thought the sound files would of been for the Tiger over the Abraham’s.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Rattlesnake road wrote:Considering the number of Tiger tanks you would of thought the sound files would of been for the Tiger over the Abraham’s.
Totally agree about Tiger but I'd keep the Abrams as it is such a different sound and ditch the Leo.
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

I have a selection of 6.0 and 6.1s which work extremely well and to my satisfaction. Apart from the ability to switch front and rear lights separately (lost in the 6.I) I would say that I can’t see anything in the 7.0/7.1 which I would choose to spend money on. Controversial?

Return to “Heng Long”