First time out and small issue

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
deckchair
Recruit

Re: First time out and small issue

Post by deckchair »

Doh, found this, herewith pickies...............
well they would be here but the file is too large!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

There is a 350kb limit to photo size if you wish to post direct. I believe if you post from your phone using Tapatalk, that gets round the problem. Alternatively, if you use an image host like imgur, that also works. You will have to get further information from others. I resize my photos and post direct.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
deckchair
Recruit

Post by deckchair »

The original was 3.3 Mb, got this down to 944 - 1019 Kb, but need to get it to 350Kb for this message to be acceptable. Tad disappointing, but there you go.
I will just have to keep on trucking, or tanking in this case. If I do break the size barrier, I will recontact you, meanwhile its back to You Tube solder lessons.
deckchair
Recruit

Post by deckchair »

sherman1 (2).png
sherman1 (2).png (338.61 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
OK, have cropped and re-configured pictures so trying again, one at a time (of 2)
First one is of the fault - somewhat cropped, but you get the idea, don't think much of the soldering of the black wire either, but having never soldered anything myself I can hardly complain.
deckchair
Recruit

Post by deckchair »

sherman2 (2).png
Second one is of a British Sherman tank in the Normandy campaign. This is my first effort at 1:16 scale so interesting for me to do. My 'normal' scale is 28mm or 15mm, usually Napoleonic's or ECW plus more recently Bolt Action 28mm ww2 troops. It represents Lt John Gorman who knocked out a King Tiger by ramming it with his Sherman after failing to damage it, so earning a MC.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

deckchair wrote:
sherman1 (2).png
OK, have cropped and re-configured pictures so trying again, one at a time (of 2)
First one is of the fault - somewhat cropped, but you get the idea, don't think much of the soldering of the black wire either, but having never soldered anything myself I can hardly complain.
Some of the later gearboxes have pushfit connectors on the motors- that's a better arrangement, I think. Any decent soldering iron 40-60W should get you reconnected. Don't forget to get some decent flux.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

deckchair wrote:The original was 3.3 Mb, got this down to 944 - 1019 Kb, but need to get it to 350Kb for this message to be acceptable. Tad disappointing, but there you go.
I will just have to keep on trucking, or tanking in this case. If I do break the size barrier, I will recontact you, meanwhile its back to You Tube solder lessons.
Until you can resize with ease on your computer (I used the 'Preview' tool on the mac to do that), it's far simpler to create an Imgur.com account .Imgur automatically resizes pics for this Forum. What's more, the pics really fill the frame, somehow. :thumbup:
All you have to do is 'tell' Imgur whereabouts on your computer the pics are. I have a folder entitled 'Pics for Rctw". You could create something similar.
Anyway, do watch this video on uploading pics and movies to RCTW. It was produced by a former member (and highly valued member- IMO).
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
deckchair
Recruit

Post by deckchair »

Excellent, many thanks.
deckchair
Recruit

Post by deckchair »

Hoozar!! Managed to become a soldering expert with some help from YouTube, and have now fixed everything, even the smoker works, which seems a bit of a miracle for me at least. Thanks for the morale support and next it will be the Tiger to take on - rather an obvious choice, but the two together provide a bedrock to work from. At least I understand what the components do and how to break the deck from the hull without too many palpitations which will make the Tiger an easier proposition as my confidence grows, though I think the fun (and resulting frustration) of adding stuff is probably more amusing that actually playing with it!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Congratulations! It always feels like a breakthrough when you actually manage to fix something with a new skill.

Soldering always feels like you need at least three hands to get things lined up.

Return to “Heng Long”