Fitting Taigen tiger 1 turret to Heng Long Tiger 1

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Hartley
Recruit

Fitting Taigen tiger 1 turret to Heng Long Tiger 1

Post by Hartley »

I think there is already a topic about swapping the Heng Long tiger 1 BB turret with the Taigen IR recoil turret? using the RX18 board, but I have the Heng Long 6.0 board in my Tiger 1. Would anyone be able to help me with the wiring instruction with which wires go where on the 6.0 board?
Thanks.
john1970
Corporal

Re: Fitting Taigen tiger 1 turret to Heng Long Tiger 1

Post by john1970 »

you will need to rewire the recoil unit as the taigen wiring is different.
you will need 2 wires on the elevation motor with a 2 pin plug and 2 wires on the recoil motor with a 2 pin plug
i just made an imgur account so will see if i can get some pics up
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

I'm editing as a i go along

remove the white and the blue wire that goes to the switch on the taigen turret take the wires from the 3 pin plug pop the pins out and put the 2 wire from the elevation motor (on the right) into a 2 pin plug this plugs into cn4 black on the left red on the right.

For the recoil motor (on the left) you will need to add another red wire and put those 2 wire into anther 2 pin plug and plugs into cn10 the black wire will be at the bottom towards the middle of the board and the red wire will be at the top. the yellow wire with the black wire is another earth so make sure you get the connections the right way round when plugging into the board.

The large red or black wire that connects to the microswitch with the yellow wire will need to connect to the battery negative/black wire not the on/off switch as the on/off switch is 2 live wires.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Exact,the rigth connection :thumbup: but on this type of module,fir the canon flash,is not possible do use le Xénon system !!! Jyst Led flash.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

you can but its a bit more complicated than on the 6.1 board
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thank you Mr 1970, your info is sold Gold :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Hartley
Recruit

Post by Hartley »

Thank you John. I’ll give it a go. Do you know a shop where I can get the plugs from?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hartley
Recruit

Post by Hartley »

Many thanks. I’ve got the recoil and elevation working perfect with the track recoil on the lowest setting the barrel recoil looks like the real thing.
trickymc1r
Recruit

Post by trickymc1r »

john1970 wrote:I'm editing as a i go along

remove the white and the blue wire that goes to the switch on the taigen turret take the wires from the 3 pin plug pop the pins out and put the 2 wire from the elevation motor (on the right) into a 2 pin plug this plugs into cn4 black on the left red on the right.

For the recoil motor (on the left) you will need to add another red wire and put those 2 wire into anther 2 pin plug and plugs into cn10 the black wire will be at the bottom towards the middle of the board and the red wire will be at the top. the yellow wire with the black wire is another earth so make sure you get the connections the right way round when plugging into the board.

The large red or black wire that connects to the microswitch with the yellow wire will need to connect to the battery negative/black wire not the on/off switch as the on/off switch is 2 live wires.
Hi,

I have just purchased the metal turret ir version with flash.

From what I have head I can't use the flash on the 6.0s board from HL.

So I'm focusing on getting the recoil done for now.

Im alittle confused as it seems some of my wires are different colours to those in your description.

To make life easier and avoid me running my board at worst. Would you have or be able to draw a scamatic labling what my wires need to look live.

Many thanks in advanced.

Rgds Tristan

Return to “Heng Long”