Heng Long Sherman refuses to start

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
BlueWotsit57
Private

Re: Heng Long Sherman refuses to start

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Went through all the start up procedures, checking and double checking

Weird that it ran for ten minutes the other day when I put it all together with a charged battery - and today zilch, yet its only been sat on the shelf by my workbench in the spare room

Have emailed the Company I bought from, but I notice they are out of stock of the Sherman now which is a pain

The other problem I have is that when I stopped using the tank the other day, I parked it up with the gun facing sideways so it would fit on my shelf - needless to say with no power cannot turn the turret round to fit back in the box
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

BlueWotsit57 wrote:Went through all the start up procedures, checking and double checking

Weird that it ran for ten minutes the other day when I put it all together with a charged battery - and today zilch, yet its only been sat on the shelf by my workbench in the spare room

Have emailed the Company I bought from, but I notice they are out of stock of the Sherman now which is a pain

The other problem I have is that when I stopped using the tank the other day, I parked it up with the gun facing sideways so it would fit on my shelf - needless to say with no power cannot turn the turret round to fit back in the box
I think a little light force will return the gun to its default position. There'll be a sort of light ratchet effect, but it shouldn't do it any harm. In any event, it's going back to whence it came from. I'm sorry that the hoped-for distraction (and don't we all need a distraction now?) has morphed into a problem. I suspect one of the battery leads must have come adrift, or there's a bad joint (poor soldering job) on the main switch.
With crocodile clips and a wire/or wires it would be possible to bypass the switch. If the tank then lit up, you'd know that the switch is faulty. In fact, you could test the switch with a continuity meter, and also test some of the other connections. However, dismantling the tank would probably invalidate your warranty-and you wouldn't want that to happen. If you took the DIY fixit route, continuity tests would likely show you where the
fault lies, and it could be a relatively simple fix. Loose connections and bad joints are an occasional irritation with these products. :thumbdown:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

For what it's worth, I have had the turret off my Sherman 6.0S and unplugged all the leads to the MFU. Put everything back together and turned it on - nothing, no lights. Then I referred to my photo of how everything was and the plugs 3, 4, and 5 for the LEDS were plugged in reverse. Turned them around an all was OK. Might only take one poor joint to cause a no start.
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Thanks for the comments

Hopefully the seller will respond this morning.

As an update I again connected battery this morning, pressed the starter and had about the first one or two seconds of start up sound then it died

Further attempts to start refused same as yesterday

Definitely points to a wiring issue highly likely from the switch but its the retailers problem to sort not mine - hope they have to cover the cost of courier back as with the size box it seems quite expensive looking online at prices
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)

Return to “Heng Long”