2 out of 2 defective Henglong 5.3S gold label receivers?

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 2 out of 2 defective Henglong 5.3S gold label receivers?

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yeah, I'm going to wait till the new 6.0 is in a tank that I'd prefer to purchase, I don't need another leopard.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jim Reeves
Recruit

Post by Jim Reeves »

So, after a two week wait for new receivers from a chinese vendor on ebay, who assured me they were sending 5.3 silver label units (as pictured in their listing) I received gold label receivers! The vendor apologized and offered a 20% discount. I have no need for their discount!

Looks like I'm in the market for at least one 5.3 silver label receiver, again! Anyone want to swap for a brand new gold label receiver???
teddyt
Lance Corporal

Post by teddyt »

I have just Installed a gold one on a tiger1 and have the same issues!!!! 8O Are they all like this
If at first you can't fix it , hit it with a big hammer

TANKS
4 Tiger 1's
King Tiger
Panzer 3
Challenger 2
Bulldog
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

teddyt wrote:I have just Installed a gold one on a tiger1 and have the same issues!!!! 8O Are they all like this
No actually, i have those gold 5.3s in my tiger and my Pz 3. The tiger is an older 27Mhz tank converted to the newer electronics. The Pz3 came with the gold 5.3 board installed. Both run fine.
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Anyone can tell how silver label differs from gold label? I received my gold label today. I was hoping silently the gold label offers better handling at low speeds ad the silver one lacks in this department.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

RenoirLV wrote:Anyone can tell how silver label differs from gold label? I received my gold label today. I was hoping silently the gold label offers better handling at low speeds ad the silver one lacks in this department.

Sound quality is slightly better. Everything else is the same
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I'm happy to report that the new 5.3 gold label does indeed offer better handling at low speeds. Compared to the 5.3 silver label. At least this was my case. The other things are the same.
The usual problem with the drive stick was there too. It was going forward when the stick was pushed left. Awfully inconvenient. There was somebody here on the forum who mentioned it earlier. It is fixed by changing motor polarity. Not sure which way but try swapping connector pins around. It may even be the case that one is one way and the other is opposite. Anyway it works correctly after some attempts.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Lew_Zee
Recruit

Post by Lew_Zee »

I too have the same problem with my H.L. T-26 Pershing. Apparently I got a short in the binding switch wire when it was caught putting the tank top to bottom. So, at a tank meet it became permanently bounded to another's transmitter. I ordered a complete transmitter and receiver set and it came in with the gold label on the receiver. Like you guys, the steering was off 90 degrees as well as being mirrored when using the transmitter joystick. Even the seller in China was baffled when I sent him a video and he could not get in contact with Heng Long.

In searching the problem on the net, I was able to put together that the 2.4 mhz version 5.3 is only identified by the silver label. For some reason H.L changed the circuit when they came out with the "improved" version 5.3(S) receiver with a gold label. (Using "S" for the gold label, now that is brilliant!)

I can't seem to get anyone to send me a transmitter and receiver with the silver label, despite that is what is pictured on sellers pages in many instances. So I popped of the back of the transmitter and pulled out the printed circuit board. There is not enough space to move the board back and turn the gimbals 90 degrees. The gimbals are soldered to the circuit board (as just about everything else) and the board is mounted to the front of the transmitter case. So even if there was enough space behind the board nothing would mount right.

Strangely enough I reversed the plugs from the receiver to the motors (left to right and right to left) and only the forward and reverse directions with the joystick swapped but the left and right turns remained the same. I'm thinking of reversing the red and black wires on one of the motors to see if that works. Doing both doesn't look like it would work although I have not tried that.

Anyone come up with a solution?
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Try the wire swap. I mean the plus and minus on one of the motors. Should work.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
https://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/blog/ ... trics.html
If the lotors do not turn in the same direction?it is actually reversed the son, plus / minus with the if cinnected right / left on the turntable to turn,hoping to help

Return to “Heng Long”