How to install Elmod boards

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
wibblywobbly
Major

How to install Elmod boards

Post by wibblywobbly »

This link will explain all, I will try and find the time to improve it if I can ...

http://www.hitenter.co.uk/elmod
Inflatable
Private

Re: How to install Elmod boards

Post by Inflatable »

Link is dead.. Any newer working links available to guides for Elmod (preferably with pictures)..

Also anyone here can tell/show me how to install a HL smokeunit with Elmod?

Thx..
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

ElMod website have downloadable instructions, although no picture guides.

Regarding the smoker, there is no need to connected to the electronics it is just a switched power supply. Pick up a positive after the main tank switch then go to smoker switch then to smoker. Negative can go back to the battery negative. If it is proportional smoker then you still need the extra connect to the motors as before.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Gawd that was an old link, I must have deleted that site years ago..lol.

New Link

https://www.elmod.eu/pdf/Fusion_RevB_english.pdf

I have just fitted a Fusion board. It is plug and play, apart from cutting off the HL motor plugs, trimming back the insulation and clamping them into the heavy duty plugs that they provide.

There is nothing remotely complicated about the Fusion boards, it is one board, and that includes all of the battle system electronics, all you need extra is the apple connector depending on which IR system that you use. Thomas sent me the wiring schematic so that I can make my own and have remote mounted sensors and led's around the turret.

These boards are quite simply astonishing, loud as heck, and the sound system is as good as it gets. We are talking top quality here and it shows. There are electronic gear changes, so that the tank moves off in 1st, you hear the change in revs as the gearchange is done, and the tank slows slightly, before continuing on but faster in the next gear, you simply shove the stick forwards and the board takes care of it all. Put the brakes on and you hear them squeal when it changes back down the gearbox and rolls to a stop.

Sounds are on the supplied SD card, you get the full library, plus you can download from the site. You can't play the NextGen sounds on a pc as they are encrypted, they will only play properly when on an SD card installed in the tank. To switch sound files you plug the SD card into a pc, and run the Sound Manager program, click on a tank, and its all done for you.

The tank configuration is done via a supplied USB cable. Plug one end into the board in the tank, and the other into the pc (Windows or MAC). You then get a multi tabbed system where you can analyse the battery state, amongst many other things. It tells you what your battery is, even the number of cells. Lipo, Nicad etc and the charge remaining. The Receiver Tab tells you what the transmitter is doing. Each channel shows which stick it is hooked up to, move a stick and it tells you how far you have moved it etc. This feature enabled me to see that my FlySky was programmed to use only 80% of the forward throttle and 60% of the reverse, and that I needed to reverse a channel. The Elmod starts on full up right stick, but as I only had 80% I couldn't start the tank without using all of the trim. I had to buy a new tx today to solve the problem.

The Drive tab has sliders to adjust the power to the motors, you can select the PWM for the motors so that they match the profile, the point which the tank starts to move can be matched to the engine sounds, power for spin turns (or disabling), slow turns and anything else you want to change is all there.

You can run the tank from a PC, so that you can adjust the position/revs for the gearchanges etc.

Custom profiles can be created, and simply select Save to update the tank.

Any Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Elmod site, and the Firmware can be updated on the tank using the USB. So, buy a Fusion Board and it is future proof, this has been the case with all Elmod boards, though the previous versions need sending back to get them updated.

The amp is plenty powerful, an 8ohm speaker is catered for, volume pot is included, as is a speaker plug and wire.

It's also multi channel sound, so all of the sounds can play at the same time, without losing volume on any of them, they are crystal clear.

The info is all in the manual that you can access via the link if you wish to know more.

Currently the best board out there in my humble opinion, though certainly not the cheapest. :{ Mine was around £140 delivered, but this will vary depending on exchange rates etc.

The Fusion Pro is identical except for the usual three servo function, rather than the single recoil servo on the Eco board, it also has additional customisable sound functions.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Rob, long time brother. As always you are ahead of me even though I sell ElMod in the USA. I just got the new boards in stock here today and am doing research on them now. Seems they have done it right this time around. I am confused though on one thing. The old files for sounds had a blaster file, which these don't have. What do you do when you want to make changes to a file in these sets? Any chance of a walk through on this matter?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

many thanks wibblywobbly

i've a question for you

after reading your great explanation, i've yet a doubt regarding the sounds... it's possible to make your own custom sound profiles (like with a Beier)? or you can only change the official sound sets? The bit talking about sound files being protected and not possible to play on the computer has lead me to this big doubt...

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There are old and new soundsets on the SD card and website. The old style ones can be edited as they are the same as used on the previous editions of the boards. No Blaster is needed, everything is on the one board. Eg amp, battle system etc (you only need an apple or you can make one for pennies at it uses the Tamiya style 5 pin connector).

The NextGen sounds are protected. There is something very clever about those sounds and the way that they interact with the board and the stick positions. They can be altered though, as when the SD card is plugged into a pc, the PC software brings up a series of screens that allow you to select different libraries and sounds from drop down menu's. You can also import some sounds, though you need to know which ones to edit (I had to ask Thomas where one was).

It would not be worth changing any of the NextGen sounds, they are as good as it gets. If you wanted to install sounds for a tank that isn't in the library then these can be created the old way.

The battle system is looked at here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17744

The USB programming software is described here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17673&start=20

If anyone uses Linux rather than Windows or a MAC, then although Thomas will tell you that it doesn't work under Linux, it does using Wine, which allows any windows software to run within Linux itself. I tried it and it works perfectly.

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Ok, understood. But say I wanted to add the theme song from Kelly's Hero's to a tank. Is this stillpossible to do under user sounds? I am specifically talking the next gen sound set.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If you are using 6 channel then I think that you add the sounds to the user defined library.
If you are using 4 channel and you wanted to change the 'hit sound', the hit sound is located in the common folder. It’s name is buhit.wav

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

many thanks Rob
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552

Return to “El-Mod”